Question samsung t5 vs. crucial x8

DefinitelyNotTom

Respectable
Jul 20, 2017
Which should I get? I will have the type c ports, so the crucial is twice as fast. However, it's also bigger and many say it gets very hot.

Is Crucial/Micron close to as dependable as Samsung?

DefinitelyNotTom

Respectable
Jul 20, 2017
lol. so not a single person on here has an opinion on two of the most commonly bought external ssds,m huh? A lot easier to ask here than find a new site to ask pc questions at, but I get net to no answers the majority of the time.

DefinitelyNotTom

Respectable
Jul 20, 2017
Yes they are. Crucial is frequently recommended at the same time as the Samsung.
Neither are speedy by today's standards.

The Samsung is a Sata SSD ( ~500MB/s) and the Crucial is an NVME (~1000MB/s)
they're speedy by external standards. only one that's faster is the x5 (insanely expensive) or maybe if you put a ssd in an enclosure, but then all kinds of other factors could keep it from being as expected.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
lol. so not a single person on here has an opinion on two of the most commonly bought external ssds,m huh? A lot easier to ask here than find a new site to ask pc questions at, but I get net to no answers the majority of the time.

Speaking as a moderator here, and someone who sees quite a bit more than he replies to on this forum. You are quite abrasive in your interactions here, and you have been abrasive to ALL of the regulars and moderators here. No, you aren't breaking any rules, but nobody is going to bend over backwards to help you if they know they are in for a fight over the help they are trying to give....

More bees with honey, instead of vinegar.... just my $0.02.

DefinitelyNotTom

Respectable
Jul 20, 2017
Speaking as a moderator here, and someone who sees quite a bit more than he replies to on this forum. You are quite abrasive in your interactions here, and you have been abrasive to ALL of the regulars and moderators here. No, you aren't breaking any rules, but nobody is going to bend over backwards to help you if they know they are in for a fight over the help they are trying to give....

More bees with honey, instead of vinegar.... just my $0.02.
I've been extra polite until people started being rude to me and attacking me and mocking me. Also that is an exaggeration as there are plenty people here I am still polite to. Only the ones who directly insult me do I stand up for myself against.

DefinitelyNotTom

Respectable
Jul 20, 2017
Oh yes! There's an old saying "Speed costs money, how fast do you want to go?" that still applies today.
I've really overdone it, too. I plan this build out in my head and in the real world you don't need all the extra time shaved off of things, such as video editing finishing 5 minutes sooner and whatnot. At least that is my thinking... that I probably went overboard tying to get all the best parts.

DefinitelyNotTom

Respectable
Jul 20, 2017
I don't know if I'll ever build one again after this one. This is my first time and I just kept selling unopened parts for 2 years now because new parts come out before I am ready to build.

And now I passed up getting to use a $120 off at dell deal for some Samsung ssds and now everyone went back up in price on them so I refuse to pay more than they were costing a few days ago so now I am stuck not able to build.

Probably will regret spending extra for the asus BR drive too because it just uses an lg, so I might as well have bought a cheaper lg...