Samsung Targets Exynos 4212 CPU for High-End Devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
[citation][nom]dalethepcman[/nom]Faster, but with a 30 minute battery life. Yipee![/citation]

I wouldn't count them out, with 3d gate + 22nm even the bulkier x86 will become quite darn efficient. What x86 adds in bulkiness for low power devices Intel could still manage to get down to the same power-envelope with their manufacturing advances. So no, i would not count out the titan from the low-power arena just yet. And if they manage that feat, just wait until MS does a win8 for all those devices - it would be sweet to have a unified architecture for em all, imagine running the same software both on the computer, phone and whatever like a pad. That would be sweet in my book!

[citation][nom]rantoc[/nom]I wouldn't count them out, with 3d gate + 22nm even the bulkier x86 will become quite darn efficient. What x86 adds in bulkiness for low power devices Intel could still manage to get down to the same power-envelope with their manufacturing advances. So no, i would not count out the titan from the low-power arena just yet. And if they manage that feat, just wait until MS does a win8 for all those devices - it would be sweet to have a unified architecture for em all, imagine running the same software both on the computer, phone and whatever like a pad. That would be sweet in my book![/citation]
While I generally agree with you, Atom procs are not going to 22nm or Tri-gate any time soon. If they did I think it would revitalize the Atom brand and give ARM a true run for the money. But they have not announced any such plans, so I'm not holding my breath any time soon. And with Win8 coming out for ARM it is really going to put the pressure on Atom as they will not be the only low power platform to run Windows anymore.

G

@CaedenV

wont happen for an Atom, triGate is not exactly a cheap fab procedure, they will need to also recuperate R&D cost too, not going happen on a dirt cheap CPU like the Atom, not yet anyways

drapacioli

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2010
[citation][nom]rubix_1011[/nom]What? Seriously...who is editing around here?[/citation]

Apparently nobody. Even my 6-year-old cousin caught that one...

happyballz

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2011
Actually 1.4Ghz Exonys is in the Samsung Note available now (its coming to AT$T btw)...this Exonys 4212 1.5Ghz rehash is for (samsung made) Nexus Prime that should be debuting around 5th of October. So stay tuned.

Quad cores ARE coming for this time next year so dont doubt that.

masterofevil22

Distinguished
May 13, 2010
I'm on a galaxy s II righty now (1.2GHz exynos) and it's faster than the vast majority of computers...easy:D

Seriously, Web browsing (and everything else) on this thing is butta..

Status
Not open for further replies.