Samsung Teases Series 5 Hybrid for IFA Unveiling

Status
Not open for further replies.

mayne92

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
Nice. Does M$ plan to boot touchscreen devices into desktop mode? I figured since the desktop boots to Metro it would only be fair to boot a touchscreen device to desktop. lol

classzero

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
[citation][nom]danwat1234[/nom]I'm glad it's a series hybrid and not a parallel hybrid; more energy efficient.[/citation]
Thank you, made me smile.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
Good news is there is no possibility for Apple to sue Samsung on this considering Samsung has been offering windows based slates with a similar design to this product for years before Apple offerd the iPad.

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
uh oh, its a flat rectangular screen with a button. Someone call birdman attorney at law!

I hope they release information on a windows 8 tablet running an AMD processor soon. Or at least one that can run with Optimus, and just wont turn on the discreet card unless connected to power. For my tablet experience, I really need more GFX muscle than what intel offers.

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
[citation][nom]falchard[/nom]Good news is there is no possibility for Apple to sue Samsung on this considering Samsung has been offering windows based slates with a similar design to this product for years before Apple offerd the iPad.[/citation]

The only tablet that matters from Samsung is the Galaxy and that came after the iPad. Of course it looked just like an iPad too...lol.

[citation][nom]robochump[/nom]The only tablet that matters from Samsung is the Galaxy and that came after the iPad. Of course it looked just like an iPad too...lol.[/citation]

Last I checked, the 16x9 aspect ratio is not just like the 4x3 aspect ratio. There are many more differences too.

Status
Not open for further replies.