Samsung Trashes the iPhone (Again) in New Commercial

Status
Not open for further replies.

nlreynolds80

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2008
Meh...was hoping for a little more teeth. Unless you're a phone geek you're not going to pick up on any iPhone trashing. This is no way compares to the Mac vs. PC commercials.

PudgyChicken

Distinguished
May 17, 2010
The ads aren't childish IMO, but their press events are horrid. The one where they showed off the S4 on Broadway was actually one of the most embarrassing things I've ever seen.

alterecho

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
they copy the company and thrash it because they filed a lawsuit against them. They mock potential customers too, since they are using Apple products. Samsung is one of the most unethical companies of recent. Hope Sony/Nokia/HTC puts Samsung in its place.

alterecho

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
they copy the company and thrash it because they filed a lawsuit against them. They mock potential customers too, since they are using Apple products. Samsung is one of the most unethical companies of recent. Hope Sony/Nokia/HTC puts Samsung in its place.

internetlad

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2011
Mac vs PC:
Mac: HEY VISTA WHY ARE YOU SO FAT AND SLOW AND STUPID
PC: I DUNNO I"M DUMB AND I CRASH D:
Samsung Ads:
Old person: MAN THIS iPhone IS SO COOL AND TRENDY LOL
Young person: LOL DAD NOBODY SAYS LOL ANYMORE STFU UR OLD
at least apple is getting as good as it gave.

Ragnar-Kon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
Eh, from what I've seen based on this commercial and the other S4 videos Samsung hasn't really adding anything new over the S3 that makes me say "WOW, I really want this phone!" Something about pointing awkwardly at my phone and waving my hand over it doesn't really make me care.
So I guess you could say that the ads aren't working for me. One of the better ads out there for sure, but the PC vs Mac ads were better.

Miharu

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2007
"Trashes the iPhone"... you should really watch the ads.
I can see a little quick jab (base on fact)... but it's really nothing to mention.
It's the basic theme: "My phone have new features. Your phone don't have them. You should buy a new one.".
Apple also use this theme so I see nothing wrong with this ads. I see nothing look like Mac VS PC ads.

masterofevil22

Distinguished
May 13, 2010
Apple used the ENTIRE commercial...the entire ad campaign was knocking Windows.
This is different. Samsung are pointing out 1 fact during the course of a commercial that is relevant. I'm sure if they wanted to spend an entire commercial or ad campaign for that matter talking about how inferior Apple's iphone is to their high end phones...they'd have no problem. They could probably do a completely factual infomercial on it...

goodegg

Distinguished
May 20, 2010
It's cool that they are able to demonstrate their fluff functions in a real world setting. It's neat when you see it work, but honestly, how often are you needing to operate your phone when it's not in your hand already? The built in IR is a very usable function though... making obsolete the $150 Logitech One remote.
The MORE interesting thing is that phones are far more alike now then ever. What Apple did was smart by building their user base for the last 6 years and now for me to switch to an Android platform is just too much of a hassle. So I will stick with a mostly inferior product because it is integrated better into other parts of my entertainment world.

bubbathaluva

Distinguished
May 4, 2010
Lots of people keep saying that the differences between the S3 and S4 aren't significant enought to justify the switch or all the hype that Samsung is giving it. Apple does the same thing. There were never many differences in hardware from one iPhone to the next. Most of their differences were with software. Android adds new software updates independantly and they are always significant. Apple took the idea of a cell phone that can play music and text from other companys, dumbed the process down for the average apple user and put a shiney polish on it. Samsung took the iPhone, put an open sourse OS on it and fixed just about ever iPhone user complaint (removable batteries, removable storage, easier customization, load music without needing special software like iTunes). Apple is now receiving the same medicine it has been giving out for decades. If you upgrade your phone every 18-24 months and your upgrade is due about now, the S4 is a HUGE upgrade over anything you had 18-24 months ago. If you just got an iPhone or S3 back in Jan or Feb.... well sucks to be you. Have fun waiting. At least you can say that your upgrade 18-24 months from now will likely kick the poo out of the current iPhone or S4.
Bottom Line. Well Done Samsung. Mobile users spoke and you listened.

Light jabs from Samsung at most. Most of those techs are hardly relevant, by the way. I'd much rather they added an awesome camera like those from Nokia. An android phone with the PureView camera would be a killer.

flamencoguy

Honorable
Oct 12, 2012
How is this trashing when the competitor is not even mentioned? You just seen a phone and it looks like an iPhone. Are this ads not common now on print an on screen?
Mine is like this nd the competitor's is like that? So what are you trying to say Jane?
This is very mild. I think it is a good commercial Very well done. Better than 2 two taling heads in PC vs Mac. On a pure impact and interest basis.

hunshiki

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2011
Personally I hate such ads. Microsoft wins in this area hands down. They are not even saying competitor or something. No. Clear hatespeech. Disgusting.

cmi86

Distinguished
Apple totally deserves a dose of their own medicine with how long they have been trash talking everyone else. At least samsung is telling the truth with their adds and only pointing out the inferiority of the iphone in a way that is just as obvious as the BLATANT LIES apple told both of their "Mac vs. PC" and "Get a Mac" campaigns which were far more childish.

ben1680

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
Ho can you compare this to Apple vs PC ads?
The others are clearly trashtalking their opponent and spelling their opponent name out loud (like Apple always do), while this doesn't do even any of that...

w0_od

Honorable
Jul 6, 2012
The high moral ground only works with a tiny subset of the population, ie the one who actually understand and appreciate high morals. And let us be completely honest here, humans are horrible .

tobalaz

Honorable
Jun 26, 2012
I just think its hysterical.
Samsung's newest commercial: Shows new features that opposing smartphone doesn't have.
Apple's newest commercial: Shows features new to their smartphone Android has had for over a year.

When is Google going to take Apple to court for "stealing" their features?

everygamer

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2006
I think I have to agree a bit, the Mac vs PC commercials I think were simple and may have had more of a connection with the general public. That said, Samsung is doing a good job at making the iPhone look like a simple toy for old people. They each had their merits as commercials go, and I think they are targeting a slightly different demographic.
At the end of the day, healthy competition is good for all of us, gets Apple to lower its prices and keep the heat on innovation in the industry. Everyone is trying to raise that next bar (companies) and in the end we the customers get better products.

quotas47

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
I actually enjoyed the Mac VS PC commercials, even more so for all the parodies they spawned. They were fun and had a light joking quality to them.
I even more enjoy the direct taunts between Samsung and Apple now.
I think Nokia and Microsoft have tried something similar, like the wedding commercial with Apple and Samsung users fighting, but they haven't captured the same energy yet.
These kind of adds make people pay attention to the brands (either way) and highlight features and differences.
Definitely a lot of teeth being bared in the ads lately though, but I don't see the downside of competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.