Question Samsung TV connects and disconnects when powered off ?

jpconques

Commendable
Jan 27, 2020
I just got a new Samsung TV, model QN55Q80AAFXZA, that I have connected to my Windows 10 PC via HDMI. It works fine as a gaming monitor when the TV is powered on, but when I turn off the TV and attempt to use the PC with my two desktop monitors, the TV constantly connects and disconnects from the PC, making the connect/disconnect sound and jumping the mouse pointer to the center of the left monitor.

I had an older Sharp TV that I used in exactly this same configuration that did not present this problem. When I turned it off, it would disappear from Windows and not appear again until I turned it back on, exactly as expected. I'm assuming the new Samsung TV remains in some kind of semi-powered state even when turned off so it can be powered on by the SmartThings app or by some other method, but I don't understand why it would constantly be connecting and disconnecting.

Lutfij

Titan
For the sake of relevance, can you state if you're working of an iGPU or a discrete GPU? If the former, please state how you're tethered to the panels. You could try and use another HDMI cable and see if that resolves the issue. BIOS version for your motherboard? OS version(not Edition) at the time of writing?

Jan 13, 2022
Did you ever find a solution? I have a similar setup,Sony Bravia X900H tv connected via active HDMI cable to my dual monitor PC's AMD RX 6600 video card. Had same issue with previous video card RX 590. I'm inclined to think it has to do with how the tv doesn't actually turn off, it just goes to sleep, but I haven't found a solution besides buying a kvm switch that powers off the hdmi port, but I'd rather not have to do that.

TRENDING THREADS