Samsung TV faulty wifi module. Boo

boosamsung

Reputable
Sep 30, 2015
Purchased a Samsung TV UN40EH5300FXZA a couple years ago. A few times since then, the wireless internet connection has given me grief. Unable to connect to the internet all of a sudden, again. I called Samsung tech support a few times and answered questions, jumped through their hoops, did all the obvious actions and then was told "wireless adapter issue in the TV." hmm. first time they actually admitted it was them and not my internet provider (since all other devices in the house, connect just fine). So then, Samsung referred me to a service center that is 3rd party business. I called and was told it's going to be around $250 for them to service the TV at my house and replace the wifi module inside.. Before I even consider that, I decided to try an ethernet cord directly. I'm sitting here with it all plugged in and still no internet. I don't see any other options! Searching online, i have found no instruction how to even set up ethernet to work. This is such a pain and waste of money.. I thought this was the best TV ever! & now this.. again. Fix please.

Yep, 2 years, (unless you paid with AMEX which extends warranty), that's past the statute of limitation.

U interested of troubleshooting this ethernet with us? can you see lights? do you know how to PING, do you know anything about IP addressing? Can you give us anything we ask of you before folks here run out of patience?

Apr 5, 2019
Purchased a Samsung TV UN40EH5300FXZA a couple years ago. A few times since then, the wireless internet connection has given me grief. Unable to connect to the internet all of a sudden, again. I called Samsung tech support a few times and answered questions, jumped through their hoops, did all the obvious actions and then was told "wireless adapter issue in the TV." hmm. first time they actually admitted it was them and not my internet provider (since all other devices in the house, connect just fine). So then, Samsung referred me to a service center that is 3rd party business. I called and was told it's going to be around $250 for them to service the TV at my house and replace the wifi module inside.. Before I even consider that, I decided to try an ethernet cord directly. I'm sitting here with it all plugged in and still no internet. I don't see any other options! Searching online, i have found no instruction how to even set up ethernet to work. This is such a pain and waste of money.. I thought this was the best TV ever! & now this.. again. Fix please.