Samsung TV turning off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dealrogers

Honorable
Jul 15, 2013
Hello to the community. I am a PC gamer but I game on a couch and a 40" TV instead of a desk and monitor. Even though this forum may be strictly related to monitors I know here are a lot of very knowledgeable people so I'd like to give it a try.

My TV suddenly starts to turn off and on repeatedly over and over again. I've had it for over a year so the guarantee expired. Even though I've had build a couple of PCs, I know nothing of TVs. I searched a little and found out that had to leave the TV unplugged for 24 hours in order to open it up and touch the boards without any harm, so I did. I also searched and found that the problem could be either bursted capacitors, or just to unplug the Wifi cable from the main board; I saw all the capacitors and none was broken, teared or leaking, and my TV model (UN40f6400AF) doesn't seem to have such cable, even though it is Wifi capable.

So I try to turn it on and it appears that leaving it unplugged for 24 hours did something, because it now works fine so far (have used it for about 12 hours straight).

I know that if it happened once it probably will happen again soon and something is wrong... please I need some help. Thank you in advance.

SBMfromLA

Distinguished
I know what your problem is... I also have a Samsung TV and the fix is so easy you'll probably laugh... or cry... depending on your mood.

It's all in your settings. Get the Remote... go to Menu... PLUG & PLAY... and scroll down to AUTO PROTECTION TIME and set to OFF... or the number of hours you want the TV to turn off.

Now, hit RETURN to exit one level and go to ECO SOLUTION... and turn Energy Saving to OFF... and then AUTO POWER OFF... to OFF...

It's those settings that make the TV turn off... by itself when connected to a computer.. a design flaw in the software... for some reason the TV won't detect mouse movement and receiving a signal... only the keyboard... so it thinks no activity or something...

Dealrogers

Honorable
Jul 15, 2013
Well it's been two days and all keeps going fine. I did a factory reset and disabled the Energy Saving options and the Anynet+ option, so I hope that prevents it to happen again. You both were helpful, thank you; I wish I could give best answer to both.

Status
Not open for further replies.