Samsung TV won't full turn on...

therandomhero

Honorable
Oct 1, 2013
Hello!

Yesterday my Samsung TV died. It started getting really dark, like someone was turning the brightness down, then eventually it stopped being able to be turned on. It responds to 'booting up' via either the remote or the power button, but it just displays the Samsung logo before going back into standby. I filmed a video with the back off (obviously most people here are PC enthusiasts so stripping electronics comes with the territory), as I was attempting to locate and potentially fix the problem myself. I noticed a buzzing sound whenever I tried to boot up the TV, but was unsure if this was ever normal as I was never close enough to notice it. I've noticed some discolouration on the Power Board but after looking at second hand parts it seems this is normal. I would like input from anyone with experience before I fork out money for replacement parts on a 'hunch' as to what may need replacing/fixing.

Video:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yz0rfA5VI-o

Thanks in advance!

Also I've seen posts about domed resistors being a potential cause. How domed are we talking? Because one on my Power Board is SLIGHTLY domed, and it does seem to be where the buzzing/crackle noise is coming from in the video...

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS