Samsung ue50mu6120 flicker

Nov 7, 2017
H i have a week old 50” uhd hdr tv
When i play xbox one x on it i get a weird screen flicker then a black screen,then the picutre shows again also happens when i switch sources to virgin v6 box i then get the issue on that picture....ive checked all hmdi leads all are working an it randomly stops flickering for a while but then starts up again i think its to do with switching sources but not got a clue

Nov 7, 2017

Hi
It happens on hdmi 1 which is virgin v6 box
Hdmi 2 which is xbox one x
An hdmi 3 which is ps4
It seems to only happen when switching from one to another
Unplugging hdmis help but thats a temporary fix as it happens again when switching again
All 3 ports are able to us uhd so there shudnt be a issue checked all leads ect all working fine an its only now an again i get this problem ive rang samsung an they said it could be the firmware theyve released that has killed tvs im just scared mines broke as only had it a week an paid £500 for it

Oh okay I wasn't sure what a Virgin v6 box was. I assume you are in the UK/Europe then. Are your HDMI cables all the same make/model? You can try buying a high bandwidth HDMI 2.1 cable just to make sure it's not your cables and the TV causing a "handshake" problem (they are not cheap however). Otherwise, if Samsung is telling you it could be a broken firmware, then that's not a good sign. I would return it. Not sure where you live, but here in the US we generally have between 14 days and 30 days to return something after purchase depending on the store policy.

Nov 7, 2017
Yeah i think its 30 days thanks pal ill just say its broken due to a samsung firmware update i mean its all over google an the news so i dont see that being a issue im just gunna be stuck without a tv unless i can swap it

I would not swap it for the same model. I would look at another brand like LG in a similar price range with the same features like HDR (LG's version of HDR may be different than Samsung's). I have two Samsung HDTVs and never had a problem with them.

Well the good news, is that the prices of 4K HDTVs have remarkably come down in price this year and the mid-range versions are not £1,000+ anymore. Sorry to hear it my friend. You chose a good brand, but it just didn't work out for this model for Samsung. It happens.