SAMSUNG UE50NU7020 50" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR LED TV - is this good for gaming?

pandabaird12

Prominent
Sep 25, 2017
It's on offer in currys for black Friday for £400, I got my last TV 9 years ago so I'm looking for a new one which will last me through the next generation PS5 etc, I don't have a gaming pc yet but plan around this time next year and I'm thinking of just having it connected to the tv instead of getting a monitor, Il be doing most multiplayer games on console and single player on pc like cyberpunk

Does anyone know if this is a decent TV for the price for gaming?

Thanks

Nov 17, 2018
I purchased this TV a few days ago to go with my XboxOneX, Im very happy with it, especially at £400.
I was told it didn't support HDR10+ but it does (although Xbox only supports HDR10 but are rumored to support HDR10+ soon).
The TV supports 4K UHD (60Hz), 4K 10-bit up to 60Hz, HDR10 Video, Native 4K for gaming, HDR10 for gaming and capturing 4K game clips & screenshots for gaming. This is the info I get from the Xbox 4K details screen in the settings once the TV and Xbox are fully set up together. If £400 is your price range as it was mine, and you can't afford a OLED/QLED (I imagine they are even more impressive) then I would recommend this TV. Let me know if you get one or if you get something else, id be intrigued to know what you think of it. 'amd4lif3' says its a 50Hz display but that is incorrect, I can provide a screenshot if needed.

Dec 6, 2018

I bought this same TV back in November for Black Friday for Xbox gaming. I’m having problems with the image while using the Xbox. It’s a fantastic image for HD TV, Netflix and the such. In my simple terms it’s a bit blocky, blurry and hard to read text while I’m gaming. I’m sure this is just that I’ve not got the TV on the right setting. I’m also sure I’ve got the Xbox on all the correct settings.

Can you give any suggestions on you’ve picture ‘expert’ settings as some web site suggestions are to have Sharpness at 0 others say to go with 10 out of 20. Some say to change the Gamma settings other say not to touch it and some sites say to set Contrast to Max.

Any suggestions? Also do you have Game mode On?

pandabaird12

Prominent
Sep 25, 2017

Sorry I didn't buy it I decided to wait until next year's black Friday deals

crystalcity

Proper
Dec 5, 2018
I picked up a similar TV on black friday special for 300usd, it works fine for my gaming. I use gaming mode and if you're ok with 60fps, then go for it. These smaller 4k TV's are really useless for 4k movies unless you sit 2 or 3 feet away from the screen. But then who does that??! Its like they were meant for workstation use. You need 80 to 100" to really see the 4k resolution at typical television viewing distances. But anyways what this means is these TV's are perfect for me since I watch tv/movies in 1080p from 6 feet back. Only 4k use is when I'm sitting in my workstation chair 2 feet away from the thing.