[SOLVED] Samsung UN40MU6300FXZA 40-Inch 4K alternatives

WWP

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2013
Hi,

I'm searching for a 40" gaming TV/monitor. Found some options but the 40" is really in rare stage, 40" is out of stock everywhere !! What is going on ? Is this size so much attractive, effective or what exactly ?

There are some 43" options but this size would be a bit too much for my setup, I won't handle this size.

The Samsung UN40MU6300FXZA isn't found in my search.

Still thinking about a 32" monitor. Maybe a 40" monitor could be a over choice.

Solution
Yeah but I want the 40" Philips or AOC monitors. They are not available in the market.

What is the story for the 40" monitors ? Is this size not preferred by manufacturers anymore ? So it would be replaced with the 43" size ?

They just don't make those panel sizes. 40" has always been rare, 42" is a more common size and there were 38 or 39" screens that were around, although the sizes have gone to a "class" or size meaning 42" class which is usually smaller than 42.

WWP

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2013
40" screens are not really a thing anymore, 42" or 43 (class) screens are more common. Keep in mind a 32" monitor will cost a lot more than a 32" TV but it will work much better for gaming with much lower input lag and refresh rate for the pixels.

Yeah but for my couch setting, a 43" would be a bit too much.

I think the 32" would be a good upgrade now, but I think also that a 40" would be much more better.

I really don't want to buy the 32" and then realize that I wish I bought the 40" !

WWP

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2013
You can always look for a used 40" TV if you don't want to go up to 42.

Yeah but I want the 40" Philips or AOC monitors. They are not available in the market.

What is the story for the 40" monitors ? Is this size not preferred by manufacturers anymore ? So it would be replaced with the 43" size ?

They just don't make those panel sizes. 40" has always been rare, 42" is a more common size and there were 38 or 39" screens that were around, although the sizes have gone to a "class" or size meaning 42" class which is usually smaller than 42.

Reactions: WWP
Solution

WWP

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2013

OK, I changed my mind to the AOC Q3279VWFD8

It's the best offer I found with reasonable shipping + %15 custom charge in computeruniverse.

I want a 32" 2k IPS, what you think of this monitor ?