Samsung Unveils SD, MicroSD Cards That Can Record 4K UHD Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

ammaross

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2011
But none of them will work in their Galaxy S6 cause they took that option away pfft.
Yep. Would have been a great shoe-in to support U3 on the S6 so you could do continual 4K recording rather than the 5min bursts they currently allow.

Alex Atkin UK

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2012
Yep. Would have been a great shoe-in to support U3 on the S6 so you could do continual 4K recording rather than the 5min bursts they currently allow.

The 5 minute clips are nothing to do with the memory speed, its supposed to be issues with CPUs overheating.

Its a bit confusing actually seeing as you can keep recording 5 minute clips indefinitely, does a second or two of inactivity REALLY allow the CPU to stay significantly cooler?

Its also puzzling that the Note 4 suffers the same issue as the Note 3. I was really disappointed to find the 5 minute limit remained when I upgraded.

I also don't understand why Android (or at least Samsung) limits video recording length to the 4GB FAT32 filesize limit. Is it really that hard to dynamically start on a new file once you reached the file size limit?

McSpiffy

Reputable
May 8, 2015
Nothing new here. I just ordered a SanDisk 64GB Extreme PRO UHS-I microSDXC Memory Card (U3, Class 10). Max. Read Speed: 95 MB/s
Max. Write Speed: 90 MB/s. Its just Samsung trying to catch up in the market place.

chrissy4605

Honorable
Apr 19, 2013
I am a professional photographer and I only use the high end sdxc cards in my camera. In a year they will have terabyte cards for 4k.

Status
Not open for further replies.