[SOLVED] Samsung UR55 4K – who owns one?

Solution
If you are looking for a tv to use as a pc monitor, look at the LG OLED units.
I bought a LG 48" CX unit.
https://www.newegg.com/lg-cx-series-48/p/N82E16889007754
The picture is absolutely stunning.
The unit takes hdmi for input.
Al TV's that I know of are only hdmi input.
hdmi2.0 from your graphics card will run at 60hz.
To get 120hz, you need a card with hdmi 2.1 output as well as a 48hz premium hdmi cable.
That essentially means a 3000 series graphics card. Good luck in finding one.
I am still waiting.
On the question of powering up, the unit is essentially instantaneous, 1-2 seconds perhaps.
This is important for one if the issues I have with the unit.
When I sleep the pc, it promptly goes to sleep.
The monitor displays a...

flipper2222222

Prominent
Nov 21, 2020
thanks for testing for me, similarly priced monitors on the market take 2 seconds to boot some take 8 seconds, I would prefer to buy a monitor that takes 2 seconds to boot.

thanks for testing for me, similarly priced monitors on the market take 2 seconds to boot some take 8 seconds, I would prefer to buy a monitor that takes 2 seconds to boot.

I never really checked that to be quite honest. 2 seconds or 7 seconds to me isn't a big issue because I start my system once a day and turn it off once a day.

No idea which model takes a shorter amount of time :)

Reactions: flipper2222222

flipper2222222

Prominent
Nov 21, 2020
I went to a local store as I thought they would have a UR55 on display, they didn't ...
as an exercise I turned off and on a few on the monitor wall. and got varying differences.
I currently have 3 monitors, when they go to sleep, 2 boot up quickly and one slowly,
since I am going to replace all 3 and plan to keep for several years I want ones that come out of sleep or turn on as fast as possible.

yes I am probably asking a lot LOL , appreciate your assistance.

Andrewbandrew05

Reputable
Jun 30, 2019
I am referring to the boot time of the monitor not the computer, but yes I agree use a SSD for fast PC boot times.
I know that. I'm just saying if you were buying a PC would you rather have a really nice one with an HDD or a not near as nice one with an SSD. The boot time doesn't really matter for monitors and/or computers, it's what comes after that counts. (Although it is nice to have a fast boot but tbh I don't think there's a single computer that's windows for more than a month acquiring data along with it that'll boot in under 7 seconds.)

If you are looking for a tv to use as a pc monitor, look at the LG OLED units.
I bought a LG 48" CX unit.
https://www.newegg.com/lg-cx-series-48/p/N82E16889007754
The picture is absolutely stunning.
The unit takes hdmi for input.
Al TV's that I know of are only hdmi input.
hdmi2.0 from your graphics card will run at 60hz.
To get 120hz, you need a card with hdmi 2.1 output as well as a 48hz premium hdmi cable.
That essentially means a 3000 series graphics card. Good luck in finding one.
I am still waiting.
On the question of powering up, the unit is essentially instantaneous, 1-2 seconds perhaps.
This is important for one if the issues I have with the unit.
When I sleep the pc, it promptly goes to sleep.
The monitor displays a no input signal found which is normal.
My side monitor, connected with displayport also sleeps normally.
Wake is also quick for both.
The problem comes when left unattended for a while.
In time, the lg will power off.
I have not determined how long that is. Probably 30 seconds, but it could be hours.
If the pc is waked, the side monitor activates, but the lg remains off.
If I use the remote to power on the lg, it activates quickly with one puzzling issue.
The windows that were active on the side monitor now appear on the lg.
If I simply power on before wake, which is only a couple of seconds, then wake happens normally and all windows show up in their proper places.

Bottom line to your question,.....
The lg power on is very quick.

Solution

flipper2222222

Prominent
Nov 21, 2020
most of the $400 4k panels are of similar quality it's the monitor coming out of sleep and powering on that might differ, since I will be keeping the monitor for several years, I just want to get the fastest
do you mean this model LG 27UL600-W ?

my current LG w2486l is very slow (7seconds)