Samsung Working on Galaxy Gear 2 for 1Q 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocknrollz

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2011
Samsung realized how not so great their first gen was, and is now going to fix it as soon as possible. And they will not pull the first gen, as it would probably look bad.

not excited about these, whether its apple or samsung or whoever.
if i wear one, it would have scratches within the week. and i dont like the idea of having to recharge a watch (yes yes it's more than just a watch)

laststop311

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2010
I don't think this watch will be a new generation to the current watch, it may just be a more watered down less featured watch the works with every android phone and is a little bit cheaper, tho I am not sure what features are samsung specific on the current galaxy gear that prevent it from working with all phones but whatever those features are they will be dropped and a less complex cheaper galaxy gear may come out. It will exist along side the current galaxy gear and not be a new generation meant to replace it as that makes zero sense.

CrArC

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2006
Meanwhile, Omate TrueSmart kickstarter is just about to finish... last chance to get a smartwatch that doesn't need a phone to work properly (until it hits retail, anyway). Much cheaper than Galaxy Gear AFAIK as well!

CrArC

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2006
TRIPLE POST, WTF.

Does anyone at Toms actually know how much this new system sucks? Do they care?

Wish they would switch to Disqus or something.

shin0bi272

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
LOL @ CrArC I agree with you 100%

I have a Casio G-shock watch. I got the little brother to the pathfinder because I didnt want to spend 200+ dollars on a watch that told me barometric pressure, temperature (inaccurately), and tidal information just to get a watch with the features I did want. What are those features you ask? Solar powered, auto setting, and of course water and shock proof.

That leads me to ask why cant these smart watches at least be partially solar powered? Not that Im big into "green" tech but if it works or even helps and its not prohibitively expensive... why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.