Samsung's 28" 4K Monitor

TerryLeeGamble

Reputable
Jan 6, 2015
Hi! I have an Nvidia 765M card that claims it can go 3840x2160 so I bought the Samsung UHD 4K monitor. It shows in the Nvidia control panel that I can choose 3840x2160 but when I hit Apply it JUST WILL NOT CHANGE from 1920x1080 :( Any ideas? TY so much...this is frustrating!
Terry

Solution

Okay, good luck, but if it wasn't the cable, it could be your GPU, 4k is very demanding, you'll need a very high end pc to game on that resolution at a playable setting.

-Lone-

Admirable

Why not just right click on the desktop and go to resolutions? Then just set it there.

-Lone-

Admirable

Okay, good luck, but if it wasn't the cable, it could be your GPU, 4k is very demanding, you'll need a very high end pc to game on that resolution at a playable setting.

Solution

Eggz

Distinguished
Every laptop has a button shortcut to switch screen modes. There are four options: (1) laptop only, (2) monitor only, (3) mirror same resolution and image on both laptop and monitor, and (4) extend laptop screen to monitor. I bet you have to use either option (2) or (4) in order for it to work. Also, use a Display Port cable if possible. If supports 60 hz at 4K.