Samsung's $3.9B Investment in Chip Production Plant Approved

Status
Not open for further replies.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
Kind of fun... a foreign company can invest in production in the US while many US companies manufacture everything elsewhere and cry about a few $ in extra manufacturing costs per unit as reason not to move the production. All that while raking in billions in profit.

What company are the better one? The one who employ people at home or the company that only are interested about maximizing their own profit at any cost...

ikyung

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
Kind of ironic to open a Korean company's phone and see parts that say "Made in USA", then you open up an American company's phone and see "Made in China".

merikafyeah

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
And to think Crapple got an entire article for merely "assembling" a few parts here in the US. Pitiful.
Samsung >>>>>>most "U.S." companies>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Crapple.

getreal

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2010
Apple announces they are moving some manufacturing to the US, so SameSung moves too!

Is there anything they won't copy? Samsuck: world's biggest Asian knock off!

CrArC

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2006
[citation][nom]merikafyeah[/nom]And to think Crapple got an entire article for merely "assembling" a few parts here in the US. Pitiful.Samsung >>>>>>most "U.S." companies>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Crapple.[/citation]Does anyone else think Samsung are quietly brilliant at this whole PR thing?

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]getreal[/nom]Apple announces they are moving some manufacturing to the US, so SameSung moves too!Is there anything they won't copy? Samsuck: world's biggest Asian knock off![/citation]
The austin plant is already there since 2007. Samsung is just investing almost 4 billion to ramp up the plant. So who copied who?

Get a life.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]getreal[/nom]Apple announces they are moving some manufacturing to the US, so SameSung moves too!Is there anything they won't copy? Samsuck: world's biggest Asian knock off![/citation]

Samsung 'copying' Apple?
Samsung has been in Texas since back in the late 90s when I was still living in Dallas.

Learn to read before making a fool out of yourself :)

acerace

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2011

Without Asian, don't ever dream you can get any computer parts (or computer devices) for cheap. Learn to appreciate people, dipsheet.

hate machine

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012

Apple never announced they were moving manufacturing to the US. They announced assembly of a small percentage of their low selling PCs.

getreal

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2010
Typical Samsung product roadmap:

Release antiquated, dated technology, wait for Apple to raise the bar.

Apple raises bar.

SamSUCK spends a year working on an exact duplicate, then spends the next couple of years tweaking Apple's four year old design and spinning it as its own.

Apple releases another revolutionary product that puts everyone else a decade behind.

Samsuck starts copying.

Rinse.

Repeat.

Apple are the good guys here, and the good guys always win in the end!

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
[citation][nom]getreal[/nom]Typical Samsung product roadmap:Release antiquated, dated technology, wait for Apple to raise the bar.Apple raises bar.SamSUCK spends a year working on an exact duplicate, then spends the next couple of years tweaking Apple's four year old design and spinning it as its own.Apple releases another revolutionary product that puts everyone else a decade behind.Samsuck starts copying.Rinse.Repeat.Apple are the good guys here, and the good guys always win in the end![/citation]

no citations, no examples... just garbage spewing out of your mouth... gg

getreal

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2010
[citation][nom]g00fysmiley[/nom]no citations, no examples... just garbage spewing out of your mouth... gg[/citation]

Example - Samsung Galaxy series vs iPhone
Sources - www.samsung.com / www.apple.com/iPhone
Outcome - YOU MAD!

halcyon

Splendid
I know you're trolling but you can be more creative than that. Come on, show us what you've got.

Aragorn

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2005
getreal, you need to get a job and do some work on raising your IQ (72 is not an acceptable number) I assume you have never held or worked with an S3. it has almost nothing in common with an iPhone (aside from they both have touch screens and fall into the category of smartphone). The S3 is well ahead of the iPhone 5 apple is playing catchup (and I own apple stock so I'm not about to try to trash talk them).

getreal

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2010
[citation][nom]Aragorn[/nom]getreal, you need to get a job and do some work on raising your IQ (72 is not an acceptable number) I assume you have never held or worked with an S3. it has almost nothing in common with an iPhone (aside from they both have touch screens and fall into the category of smartphone). The S3 is well ahead of the iPhone 5 apple is playing catchup (and I own apple stock so I'm not about to try to trash talk them).[/citation]

Definitely mad!

getreal

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2010
[citation][nom]Vladislaus[/nom]http://i-cdn.phonearena.com/images [...] 10-jpg.jpgCompletely identical.[/citation]

Go to the page that lists apps in a grid and not the useless weather widget, and you literally cannot tell the difference between the two. It looks EXACTLY the same, unlike the Lumia 920, which wasn't blatantly stolen.

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]getreal[/nom]Go to the page that lists apps in a grid and not the useless weather widget, and you literally cannot tell the difference between the two. It looks EXACTLY the same, unlike the Lumia 920, which wasn't blatantly stolen.[/citation]
So what? My old Nokia listed the apps in the same manner, And I'm pretty confident that Nokia wasn't the first in listing apps in a grid.

And why is the weather widget useless? Because iPhone doesn't have widgets?

So stop being a cave troll.

Status
Not open for further replies.