Samsung's Exynos May Become an ARMed SoC Competitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parsian

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2007
don don don daaahhn!!!

but seriously, Samsung builds everything for their phone and tablets. I wonder why they havent taken over the whole industry through monopoly?

To be honest though, i am more excited for Intel's solution.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
[citation][nom]Parsian[/nom]don don don daaahhn!!!but seriously, Samsung builds everything for their phone and tablets. I wonder why they havent taken over the whole industry through monopoly? To be honest though, i am more excited for Intel's solution.[/citation]

'Cause there's already another monopoly and it's called Apple. I hope Samsung doesn't turn into the thing they're trying to kill.

ajay_vishvanathan

Distinguished
May 9, 2009
samsung does good hardware.. but sucks the software part man.. try to improve the software part.. btw dual core is more than enough.. there are hardly any apps that take full advantage of dual core (ok there may be few.. very few.. but not many right??) and the quad core?? they are practically useless and power hungry!! and there are only four games AFAIK that are deigned to take the full capabilities of all the cores in nvidia tegra...
and nvidia tegra itself uses only the companion chip at 500 mhz when the user actually uses the phone so practically android can run off in 500 mhz chip.. but whats the point?? adding more cores are just marketing gimmics?? im happy with dual core.. just try and support that!! more cores may not show performance improvement unless the application is designed to do so.. when the hell they will grow up and on top of all this - Patent trolls!! burn in hell all of you!!

darkchazz

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2010
the dual core exynos in GS2 wiped the floor with tegra 2 and qualcomm's dual core snapdragon SoCs.
so I have no doubt that the quad core exynos will do the same with tegra 3...

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
[citation][nom]darkchazz[/nom]the dual core exynos in GS2 wiped the floor with tegra 2 and qualcomm's dual core snapdragon SoCs.so I have no doubt that the quad core exynos will do the same with tegra 3...[/citation]
While this quad core Exynos4421 is running at 1.5-1.8Ghz its still using the same A9 based Cortex CPUs that Tegra3 uses, only it wont have that 5th low power core that Tegra3 has to keep power usage down... Its not until they begin using the A15 based CPUs that performance will actually be raised.. The down side is that these will only be using the Mali-T604 GPU solution, which is just the Mali-400 with addition API support... While that will compete with Tegra3 GPU wise, its still slower than the SGX543MP2 and MP4 used in the iPad2/iPhone4S and new iPad..

tntom

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2001
I was hoping that the SGS3 would surprise everyone by using the new A15. A dual A15 would blow everything away with performance and battery life. I will be waiting for the SGS4 because I am plenty happy with my Galaxy S Vibrant running ICS, which has brought new life and speed to my phone. I am not going to reward Samsung for their incremental upgrades.

Hypertraxx

Honorable
Feb 22, 2012
I want them to be better than Apple, just to see all those iphone owners there face.

Though a real phone is a BlackBerry. That always will be the #1.

jankeke

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2011
I think I read somewhere that we would see A15 based devices before the begining of next year. Can someone confirm that ?

__-_-_-__

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2009
[citation][nom]amk-aka-Phantom[/nom]'Cause there's already another monopoly and it's called Apple. I hope Samsung doesn't turn into the thing they're trying to kill.[/citation]
Apple produces nothing.

leeashton

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
I peronally and professionally think smasung has dropped the ball of thier new processor, its doesn't do enough to drive and attempt at SoC sales to other vendors and I can't feel but samsung maybe have die issues also

Status
Not open for further replies.