Samsung's Galaxy S5 Mini Officially Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

rohitbaran

Distinguished
There was a time when mini actually meant small. Now it just means half an inch smaller than the larger phones which are already approaching tablets in screen size.

alextheblue

Distinguished
lumia 630 quad core 1.2ghz galaxy s5 mini 1.4ghz quad core. 350 us? Premium price maybe?
The 63x is a mid-range phone. You can get a 635 (LTE version of the 630) on T-Mo for $168. It's not in the same market. This is a flagship.

As a side note I've heard numerous stories about the "Active" version of the S4 dying a horrible death in shallow water, despite all the advertising. Poor sealing, it seems. I never paid it much attention, until someone I knew actually bought one and it died the moment he proudly demonstrated its prowess by submerging it in a foot of water. I hope they don't bother with another variant like that unless they take it seriously - otherwise you're better off buying a waterproof external case.

android_dev

Reputable
Feb 24, 2014

It depends if it is a Quad core krait. Lumia 630 has a quad core Cotex-A7. Galaxy S5 mini has more RAM and also Samsung is becoming the new Apple where everything is overpriced.

Status
Not open for further replies.