sandisk extreme 2 480gb ssd vs samsung 840 evo 500gb ssd

Status
Not open for further replies.

daniele1234

Honorable
Feb 1, 2014
Basically what the title says. Should i get the san disk extreme 2 480gb sad or the samsung 840 evo 500gb. To me prices don't matter.

Thank you

:)

cmvrgr

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2008
SANDISK EXTREME II has a MARVEL 88SS9187-BLD2 . Its Super fast and has 3 to 5 times more life in comparison to EVO that uses TLC memory in comparison to Sandisk that used MLC.

SANDSISK EXREME II can be only Compared to Samsung 840 PRO as both have 5 years guaranty and not 3 like EVO.

If you want to have something more durable through years buy extreme II or Samsung PRO.....

ClaytonGadd

Reputable
Dec 17, 2015
I have used Samsung products my whole life . Stand behind it 100% . The exception to this though is the SanDisk solid state hard drive exceeds anything that Samsung has ever made in every aspect .

ghdavis

Distinguished
May 26, 2010
sandisk use sandforce, corrupt easily. Only I can recommend a Samsung SSD as they use different technology and have a far better reliability. Go for the EVO 500GB, and it has an extra 20GB of space.
Perhaps that may be, however, I am on my THIRD San Disk Extreme Portable SSD and neither the factory, their teck support can tell me how to remove the "Write Protect" from the disk. This is my 2nd replacement SSD from San Disk and I still cannot use it. Ive been chasing this problem for over a month and still no writable disk. I guess It's time for a refund as they have sent me two replacements and neither of them work. Anyone have any ideas? I am totally disgusted, a high tech companty like San Disk, Western Digital and they cannot even reomove the Read Only status from their own manufactured drive. What a shame!!!

USAFRet

Titan
Perhaps that may be, however, I am on my THIRD San Disk Extreme Portable SSD and neither the factory, their teck support can tell me how to remove the "Write Protect" from the disk. This is my 2nd replacement SSD from San Disk and I still cannot use it. Ive been chasing this problem for over a month and still no writable disk. I guess It's time for a refund as they have sent me two replacements and neither of them work. Anyone have any ideas? I am totally disgusted, a high tech companty like San Disk, Western Digital and they cannot even reomove the Read Only status from their own manufactured drive. What a shame!!!
This thread is 5 years old.
The original participants are long gone.

And counterpoint: Sandisk game me a warranty replacement on a 960GB Ultra II, even though it was 33 days past the 3 year warranty.
Replaced it with a 1TB Ultra3D.

Please don't dredge up old threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.