SanDisk Launches Its Highest Capacity SD Card Yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
Ah yes, the future, yet it's in Fahrenheit. ;D Come on Kevin, match up with
CPU/GPU reviews, etc., please describe in C (or mention both).
The future will also be in Fahrenheit, or perhaps neither Fahrenheit nor Celsius, but instead. we'll all be talking degrees Kelvin (not to be confused with Kevin). Besides, exact temperatures are not the point in this case, as they often are in reviews. The point is that the card can withstand temps well beyond any normal conditions.

This is great and all but the hardware needs to support that storage...

You stole my thunder. I was just about to post that. Hopefully camera makers will provide firmware updates to support larger capacity SD drives. I currently have two Sandisk 128GB SD cards for my HD camcorder. When on long vacations they fill up faster than most people would think at ~10 hours per 128GB of full 24p HD recording. And hopefully they'll have this capacity in MicroSD for phones and tablets in a couple of years.

mapesdhs

Distinguished

I did actually consider writing Kelvin instead, since that's certainly more natural for me
(long term cosmology hobbyist), but hey, feel free to go Kelvin if you want to confuse
US readers even more, hehe... ;)

I jest of course, but I think articles should primarily be in common units where possible,
and toms' CPU/GPU reviews do use degrees C for tests, etc.

Ian.

ayushde

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2013
@10tacle
As far as I know.... Anything that supports SDXC cards ( Current Gen 64 gig or above) will support theses 512 gig cards as well. So if your camcorder supports the 128 gig cards then most probably the 512 gig cards will not be a problem.

qlum

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2013
I'd probably just wait for cheaper 256gb micro sd's to upgrade the storage on my phone. 64gb still feels lacking at times and while 128gb does increase it I feel like 256gb is the increment worth upgrading to.

Status
Not open for further replies.