[SOLVED] Sandisk SSD Plus 480GB Dramless or not?

AlexBiro

Reputable
Aug 3, 2016
I'm currently searching for an SSD since my 2º HDD is dying and I'll be making my main HDD my mass storage one and then put the OS and some other stuff on the SSD. Thing is, I'm on a pretty tight budget since I wasn't expecting to buy a drive now (wasn't home to use the PC until now due to lockdown and the drive's pretty close to its end).

SO, I'm considering a Sandisk SSD Plus 480GB which in some places has DRAM and in others that it doesn't and it's a mess.. There's a WD Blue 500GB also available but it would cost 15€ more and even though that doesn't seem like much, it is for me since I already had plans to use some of my savings for other projects regarding modding and an external diy monitor. The fact that I'm already wanting to go for an SSD instead of a cheaper HDD with much more storage is a bit insane but with an SSD in my laptop, I have seen the light and better upgrade now that I absolutely need to than have to indure loading times for much longer.

Almost RIP to my 9 year old HDD, it lived a damn good life (6 years as main, 3 as game/movie storage) :(

Last edited:
Solution
The SSD Plus has long been DRAM-less - some models years ago had DRAM, though. However, SanDisk/WD has stated they plan to reintroduce it with DRAM (88SS1074 as on the WD Blue 3D/SanDisk Ultra 3D) but less than the normal amount. No confirmation on that yet however. Check my signature.
The SSD Plus has long been DRAM-less - some models years ago had DRAM, though. However, SanDisk/WD has stated they plan to reintroduce it with DRAM (88SS1074 as on the WD Blue 3D/SanDisk Ultra 3D) but less than the normal amount. No confirmation on that yet however. Check my signature.

Solution