Westonian12141

Reputable
Jun 1, 2017
Alright, so quite simply I'm just not able to get my SanDisk x400 M.2 to show in my bios. I just upgraded to an Asus b550. I've never used the drive before, because after I got it years ago, I realized that it was a says drive, not PCIE, and thought that I would be better to just keep it for whenever I upgraded my system. Now I have though, and I'm finally ready to get to use an NVME, but it won't show up in the bios.

Does anyone perhaps have any expirience with this drive, that they would be willing to lend me? Perhaps is just isn't comparable?

Thanks.

Westonian12141

Reputable
Jun 1, 2017
I do have CSM (Compatibility Support Module) enabled, because my ssd wouldn't boot without it.
That's it though. Stock bios. Also, yes. I tried turning off CSM in order to see the M.2, and it didn't work.

Westonian12141

Reputable
Jun 1, 2017
Well, it was. But last night I tried overclocking it using ryzen master, and seem to have somehow messed up the boot drive. I though little of it, since I was planning on reinstalling windows on the M.2 anyways.

So it was... But not currently.

Westonian12141

Reputable
Jun 1, 2017
I'm using data port 5, and if I install an M.2 drive in slot M.2_2, it'll shut off sata 5 and 6. That's why I haven't tried it yet, but I'll go ahead and try it. I just want it to be recconized.

There's nothing to toggle on an m.2 slot...it either supports SATA or it doesn't. In this case it sounds more likely that your m.2 drive is defective. I would move whatever SATA drive you have connected on port 5 to a different port if it uses the same resource as m.2_2 and then try it.