Sanity check on $1,200 work/play first build

Dlubart

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2011
This will replace my main home PC (Dell XPS 8300) which is used for work and play.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/HHNGyc

Dual monitor and will be doing heavy coding for work (Visual Studio) and working with large files and multiple browser windows open at same time. Not super-demanding but performance will be appreciated.

Gaming is a mix of MMO (e.g. GW2) and RPG (e.g. DoS). Nothing too hardcore necessary. Running on a 2-year old nVidia now and will appreciate the improvement but don't need top of the line so I think this is a good price/performance compromise.

I generally picked components based on reviews focusing on reliability and noise first, performance second. Tried to keep an eye out for ease of build with regard to the case and PSU.

Here's the last thing. I put this build together over the summer and had to sit on it until now. I tweaked a few things but it still seems to work so my questions are:

1) Has something better come out that you would swap in for one of these components
2) Have I left anything off of importance (e.g. more fans)
3) Will this be a straightforward build

Thanks all.

-Dan

Solution
I would say that is a pretty ideal build for what you want to do. Parts are all top notch. The Corsair cases are easy to build in to. Good job!

Dlubart

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2011

Thanks. Appreciate the feedback. Let the ordering begin!

TRENDING THREADS