Sansar Trailer Teases High-Fidelity VR Social Experiences, Open Beta Starts This Spring

Status
Not open for further replies.

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
If they were smart, this would be a cross between Steam and a virtual meeting/play space, like some of the others we've seen. You could buy assets, you could pay for virtual experiences (i.e. games, simulations, 3D movies, etc.), or you could just login to hang out with your friends in some public spaces or their "rooms".

it would sell “land” to people who wish to host VR simulations.
I always hated the virtual realestate play, in 2nd Life. I hope they don't really mean "land", in the Euclidean world sense, but rather a virtual room that you can visit and leave stuff.

Anyway, this doesn't seem as ridiculous to me as 2nd life did. If they're reasonable about it, I wish them luck. I hope they have deep pockets, because I don't see this being profitable for a while.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
What we could use, and let me VERY loosley use the word use here, is a 3d avatar chat program, not a world you can modify, not a place you can import you own models to, but a program that has some physics, ability to share images, and talk to be people. think table top simulator if it had some face tracking and voice chat.

I could see such a program overtaking google hangout.

but this can not be made by the second life people, they took an interesting concept and made it unusable.

Status
Not open for further replies.