Sanyo VM4500 USB Data Cable Drivers

I have the usb data cable for my Sanyo 4900, I have the Sanyo VM4500 on the
way can someone please give me a link to obtain the usb drivers for the
Sanyo VM4500.

Thanks in advance

"Chris Bayer" <chrisbayer@insightbb.com> wrote in message
>I have the usb data cable for my Sanyo 4900, I have the Sanyo VM4500 on the
> way can someone please give me a link to obtain the usb drivers for the
> Sanyo VM4500.

http://www.sanyo.com/consumer/communications/usb_driver_install.htm

I've used this driver with my VM4500 as well as my friend's 8100. I'm sure
it will work with other Sanyo phones as well.

--stebnz

In article <iGmdc.219839$1p.2560174@attbi_s54>,
"Chris Bayer" <chrisbayer@insightbb.com> wrote:

> I have the usb data cable for my Sanyo 4900, I have the Sanyo VM4500 on the
> way can someone please give me a link to obtain the usb drivers for the
> Sanyo VM4500.
>

> Thanks in advance

http://store.sanyousa.com/osb/itemdetails.cfm/ID/136

On Fri, 09 Apr 2004 01:06:22 GMT
"Chris Bayer" <chrisbayer@insightbb.com> wrote:

> I have the usb data cable for my Sanyo 4900, I have the Sanyo VM4500 on the
> way can someone please give me a link to obtain the usb drivers for the
> Sanyo VM4500.
>

> Thanks in advance

the 4900 cable works with that fone? does that mean teh cable to connect hte
4900 to the PDA's will work for the 4500? and the 7300 too?

In article <20040408223434.00c36197.fusQuanto@yahooNOSPAM.com>,
fusQuanto <fusQuanto@yahooNOSPAM.com> wrote:

> the 4900 cable works with that fone? does that mean teh cable to connect hte
> 4900 to the PDA's will work for the 4500? and the 7300 too?

A 4900 cable will work with a 7300, but not a 4500.

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

The drivers are unique to your PC not your phone. I have the same 2 phones
you do and the same driver works for both of them.

"Chris Bayer" <chrisbayer@insightbb.com> wrote in message
> I have the usb data cable for my Sanyo 4900, I have the Sanyo VM4500 on
the
> way can someone please give me a link to obtain the usb drivers for the
> Sanyo VM4500.
>

> Thanks in advance

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Wrong. The 4900 Cable will indeed work on a VM4500 / SCP-5500 just fine. I
have both phones and use the same cable almost every day to access the
Internet.

Do your homework before distributing the wrong information.

"Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote in message
> In article <20040408223434.00c36197.fusQuanto@yahooNOSPAM.com>,
> fusQuanto <fusQuanto@yahooNOSPAM.com> wrote:
>
> > the 4900 cable works with that fone? does that mean teh cable to
connect hte
> > 4900 to the PDA's will work for the 4500? and the 7300 too?
>
> A 4900 cable will work with a 7300, but not a 4500.

Mike

Splendid

Robert M. wrote:
> In article <20040408223434.00c36197.fusQuanto@yahooNOSPAM.com>,
> fusQuanto <fusQuanto@yahooNOSPAM.com> wrote:
>

>>the 4900 cable works with that fone? does that mean teh cable to connect hte
>>4900 to the PDA's will work for the 4500? and the 7300 too?
>

> A 4900 cable will work with a 7300, but not a 4500.

Are you sure? The title refers to the VM4500, AKA Sanyo SCP-5500:

http://www.sanyo.com/wireless/handsets/scp-5500.htm

So, if the poster is referring to that phone, which seems likely, I
suspect there would be no problems sharing a cable used on the SCP-4900:

http://www.sanyo.com/wireless/handsets/scp-4900.htm

or SCP=7300/RL7300:

http://www.sanyo.com/wireless/handsets/scp-7300.htm

If, when saying "4500" the poster is talking about the Sanyo SCP-4500:

http://www.sanyo.com/wireless/handsets/previous_models/scp-4500.htm

Then you would be correct, that cable will not be compatible - you can
verify this at:

http://www.futuredial.com/Products/P_Cables.htm

The SCP-4900, SCP-7300/RL7300 and SCP-5500/VM4500 use cable #1 while the
SCP-4500 uses cable #17.

-mike

On Fri, 09 Apr 2004 14:29:48 GMT
Mike <spamtrap@zbuffer.com> wrote:

> Robert M. wrote:
> > In article <20040408223434.00c36197.fusQuanto@yahooNOSPAM.com>,
> > fusQuanto <fusQuanto@yahooNOSPAM.com> wrote:
> >

> >>the 4900 cable works with that fone? does that mean teh cable to connect
> >hte>4900 to the PDA's will work for the 4500? and the 7300 too?
> >

> > A 4900 cable will work with a 7300, but not a 4500.
>
> Are you sure? The title refers to the VM4500, AKA Sanyo SCP-5500:
>
> http://www.sanyo.com/wireless/handsets/scp-5500.htm
>
> So, if the poster is referring to that phone, which seems likely, I
> suspect there would be no problems sharing a cable used on the SCP-4900:
>
> http://www.sanyo.com/wireless/handsets/scp-4900.htm
>
> or SCP=7300/RL7300:
>
> http://www.sanyo.com/wireless/handsets/scp-7300.htm
>
> If, when saying "4500" the poster is talking about the Sanyo SCP-4500:
>
> http://www.sanyo.com/wireless/handsets/previous_models/scp-4500.htm
>
> Then you would be correct, that cable will not be compatible - you can
> verify this at:
>
> http://www.futuredial.com/Products/P_Cables.htm
>
> The SCP-4900, SCP-7300/RL7300 and SCP-5500/VM4500 use cable #1 while the
> SCP-4500 uses cable #17.
>
> -mike

yah i meant VM4500, sorry. but the cable in question is the one that will
connect my 7300 to a PDA. so the cable for the SCP4900 is teh same one for the
RL7300?

Mike

Splendid

fusQuanto wrote:

> On Fri, 09 Apr 2004 14:29:48 GMT
> Mike <spamtrap@zbuffer.com> wrote:
>

>>Robert M. wrote:

>>>hte>4900 to the PDA's will work for the 4500? and the 7300 too?
>>>

>>>A 4900 cable will work with a 7300, but not a 4500.
>>
>>Are you sure? The title refers to the VM4500, AKA Sanyo SCP-5500:
>>
>>http://www.sanyo.com/wireless/handsets/scp-5500.htm
>>
>>So, if the poster is referring to that phone, which seems likely, I
>>suspect there would be no problems sharing a cable used on the SCP-4900:
>>
>>http://www.sanyo.com/wireless/handsets/scp-4900.htm
>>
>>or SCP=7300/RL7300:
>>
>>http://www.sanyo.com/wireless/handsets/scp-7300.htm
>>
>>If, when saying "4500" the poster is talking about the Sanyo SCP-4500:
>>
>>http://www.sanyo.com/wireless/handsets/previous_models/scp-4500.htm
>>
>>Then you would be correct, that cable will not be compatible - you can
>>verify this at:
>>
>>http://www.futuredial.com/Products/P_Cables.htm
>>
>>The SCP-4900, SCP-7300/RL7300 and SCP-5500/VM4500 use cable #1 while the
>>SCP-4500 uses cable #17.
>>
>>-mike
>>

> yah i meant VM4500, sorry. but the cable in question is the one that will
> connect my 7300 to a PDA. so the cable for the SCP4900 is teh same one for the
> RL7300?

I don't see why not - we are talking about the same connector at the
phone's end.
-mike

In article <107deod6ungoi9d@corp.supernews.com>,
"John" <jhobbs@indiatimes.com> wrote:

> the 4900 cable works with that fone? does that mean teh cable to connect hte
> 4900 to the PDA's will work for the 4500? and the 7300 too?

A 4900 cable will work with a 7300, but not a 4500.

> Wrong. The 4900 Cable will indeed work on a VM4500 / SCP-5500 just fine. I
> have both phones and use the same cable almost every day to access the
> Internet.
>
> Do your homework before distributing the wrong information.

Do your homework, The 4900 cable will not work on a Sanyo 4500, which is
different than the VM4500.

Mike

Splendid

Robert M. wrote:

> In article <107deod6ungoi9d@corp.supernews.com>,
> "John" <jhobbs@indiatimes.com> wrote:
>

>>the 4900 cable works with that fone? does that mean teh cable to connect hte
>>4900 to the PDA's will work for the 4500? and the 7300 too?
>

> A 4900 cable will work with a 7300, but not a 4500.
>

>>Wrong. The 4900 Cable will indeed work on a VM4500 / SCP-5500 just fine. I
>>have both phones and use the same cable almost every day to access the
>>Internet.
>>
>>Do your homework before distributing the wrong information.
>

> Do your homework, The 4900 cable will not work on a Sanyo 4500, which is
> different than the VM4500.

Kids, relax!

VM4500 is in the title!

VM4500 cable = good.

SCP-4500 cable = bad.

Argh!

-mike

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Folks,

I have the package my cable came in. It subborts the following phones.

Sanyo Models - 4900, 5300, 8100, RL2000, RL2500 and VM 4500. I hope this
clears it up.

In article <107dv0531qo4qba@corp.supernews.com>,
"John" <jhobbs@indiatimes.com> wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I have the package my cable came in. It subborts the following phones.
>
> Sanyo Models - 4900, 5300, 8100, RL2000, RL2500 and VM 4500. I hope this
> clears it up.

and the 7300, but not a Sanyo 4500 or 4700.

did you just get the computer cable or the pda cable? if you got the pda
cable where did u get it from?

In article <rmarkoff-E32595.15383609042004@news6.west.earthlink.net>,
rmarkoff@msn.com says...
> In article <107dv0531qo4qba@corp.supernews.com>,
> "John" <jhobbs@indiatimes.com> wrote:
>
> > Folks,
> >
> > I have the package my cable came in. It subborts the following phones.
> >
> > Sanyo Models - 4900, 5300, 8100, RL2000, RL2500 and VM 4500. I hope this
> > clears it up.
>
> and the 7300, but not a Sanyo 4500 or 4700.

Interesting, Phillie. Really.

Of course, it's answering a question no one is asking. But it's
interesting.

--
RØß
O/Siris

where did you get the drivers for the VM4500 without paying for them, i
already have the cable

"John" <nospam.jhobbs@indiatimes.com> wrote in message
> Wrong. The 4900 Cable will indeed work on a VM4500 / SCP-5500 just fine.
> have both phones and use the same cable almost every day to access the
> Internet.
>
> Do your homework before distributing the wrong information.
>
> "Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote in message
> > In article <20040408223434.00c36197.fusQuanto@yahooNOSPAM.com>,
> > fusQuanto <fusQuanto@yahooNOSPAM.com> wrote:
> >
> > > the 4900 cable works with that fone? does that mean teh cable to
> connect hte
> > > 4900 to the PDA's will work for the 4500? and the 7300 too?
> >
> > A 4900 cable will work with a 7300, but not a 4500.

Thanks a lot John and everyone else that has gave their input :)

In article <fe60f07ae8db5bf0d31d9f030c506cb5@news.teranews.com>,
O/Siris <robjvargas@sprintpcs.com> wrote:

> In article <rmarkoff-E32595.15383609042004@news6.west.earthlink.net>,
> rmarkoff@msn.com says...
> > In article <107dv0531qo4qba@corp.supernews.com>,
> > "John" <jhobbs@indiatimes.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Folks,
> > >
> > > I have the package my cable came in. It subborts the following phones.
> > >
> > > Sanyo Models - 4900, 5300, 8100, RL2000, RL2500 and VM 4500. I hope this
> > > clears it up.
> >
> > and the 7300, but not a Sanyo 4500 or 4700.
> >

> Interesting. Really.
>
> Of course, it's answering a question no one is asking. But it's
> interesting.

And you always butt into threads with your insults, name calling, and
diversions.

This whole thread has evolved into what cable takes care of what, but
maybe you can't be bothered with that, if you spot a place to butt in.

In article <rmarkoff-F555FB.06382510042004@news6.west.earthlink.net>,
rmarkoff@msn.com says...
> And you always butt into threads with your insults, name calling, and
> diversions.
>
> This whole thread has evolved into what cable takes care of what, but
> maybe you can't be bothered with that, if you spot a place to butt in.

No it hasn't, Phillie. It's DEvolved into an attempt to explain to
you that "4500" is referring to the "VM4500". No one in this thread
has said a single thing about the SCP-4500 except as a response to
your repeated non-response about the older model.

As usual, Phillie, what you claim to be happening, and what is
*actually* happening, are two different items.

--
RØß
O/Siris

In article <9e8f9025e17a7598b249084ec9abf014@news.teranews.com>,
O/Siris <vargie@sprintpcs.com> wrote:

> In article <rmarkoff-F555FB.06382510042004@news6.west.earthlink.net>,
> rmarkoff@msn.com says...
> > And you always butt into threads with your insults, name calling, and
> > diversions.
> >
> > This whole thread has evolved into what cable takes care of what, but
> > maybe you can't be bothered with that, if you spot a place to butt in.
> >

> No it hasn't. It's DEvolved into an attempt to explain to
> you that "4500" is referring to the "VM4500". No one in this thread
> has said a single thing about the SCP-4500 except as a response to
> your repeated non-response about the older model.
>
> As usual, Phillie, what you claim to be happening, and what is
> *actually* happening, are two different items.

Vargie: I also mentioned which you manage to ignore in your rush to find
something to criticize that the 4900 cable WILL also work on a 7300.