Saphire 5450 hd ddr3 run on ddr2 motherboard ?

aman9

Honorable
Jun 25, 2012
I have gigabyte 945 motherboard support ddr2 ram, Intel Pentium HT 3ghz processor, LG 220 watt power supply , zotak Ge-Force 9400GT graphic card installed and worked.... but when i try to install Saphire 5450 HD ddr3 graphic card in PCI slot my CPU is running but monitors screen gone black ... tell me what to do .
can changing the power supply works?? or any other techniques..

aman9

Honorable
Jun 25, 2012

ok thnx for the reply , but the real problem is my monitor going blank when i plugin my graphic card :pfff:

aman9

Honorable
Jun 25, 2012

how to disable integrated GPU :??:

fantastik250

Distinguished
Go into your BIOS once

You restart your computer, as soon as it starts booting press F8 or the delete key. It should bring up your BIOS screen. Then you move around with your arrow keys, Enter (selects a menu option), ESC (go back out of an option). You have to find something that that says Display or Graphics Display then change it to PCI as primary display, after that to save it might be F10 (not too sure on your BIOS). Also, find integrated graphics if it has it and disable it, if it's there.

aman9

Honorable
Jun 25, 2012
ahhh nothing found like graphic or graphic display on my mother board BIOS settings.... :/ remove nvidia drivers restart and plug-in the graphic card but still blank screen...
< My motherboard is Gigabyte 945 S-series >

DM186

Splendid
Yeah if you tried the drivers and disabled the integrated GPU or just disabled it. How did you get the new AMD drivers in? Did your GPU come with a disk? If you have covered all that then I would do what fantastik said try the card in another rig.

Your card might be bad. I have another question what games are you planning on playing with that card? But first lets get you up and going. Let us know what you have done so far.