Saphire Fireblade Edition?

Nod

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2003
Does anyone know whats special whit "Sapphire Radeon 9600 Atlantis PRO 128MB Fireblade Edition"? It costs the same as the "Sapphire Radeon 9600 Atlantis PRO 128MB".

Nod

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2003
What is it good for? Sapphire 9600XT cost almost the same as 9600PRO fireblade which one is the best?

cleeve

Illustrious
The fireblades memory is better, so it can be overclocked higher.

Nod

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2003
That is realy good since i whant to learn to overclock. i had an other quastion abot sapphire radeon and overclocking.

Do you know if I can overclock using a passive cooler like Zalman ZM80C-HP? I can use papster to cool that passive cooler but no fan that sound more cous i whant a quite computer as possible.

you dont need a fan on it,
<A HREF="http://www.cameronwilliamson.com/images/sideheatsink.jpg" target="_new">here</A> is my r9800p with the Zalman ZM80C-HP on it and i dont use a fan. ITs quiet and great for overclocking.

<A HREF="http://www.cameronwilliamson.com" target="_new">-={Apostalic Alcoholic.}=-</A>

Nod

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2003
thx. PhukFace was it hard to change the fan to Zalman ZM80C-HP? I have never done anything like that is it easy to make a misstake and destroy the card?

Thank you

nah its real easy, there are two pins that hold the hs/fan on the card. you get a pair of needlenose pliers and pinch the end that has the notches on it the fan will pop off(after the second pin of course) the just follow directions the zalman manual gives you and you will be ok. If you wanna buy the fan for later that is also ok. in fact i have antoher zm80c-hp if you wanna make me an offer and pay shipping i will sell it to ya. good luck and respond on how it comes out ok?

<A HREF="http://www.cameronwilliamson.com" target="_new">-={Apostalic Alcoholic.}=-</A>

Nod

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2003
thx, i will , but i have nly desided what for video card im going to buy and it took only 2 weeks =), now i have to look for motherboard, cpu, psu ,memmory and so on.

Putting a Zalman cooler on a Fireblade would give you results similar to that of a Sapphire R9600Pro Ultimate Edition. And that's actually lower than most Fireblades out of the box.

If you want quiet though then it's a good choice. However look for an R9600PRo Ultimate Edition which comes with the Zalman heatpipe. Just check in case the price of the UE is a better deal than an R9600Pro + seperate Zalman.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil:

<b>-NEW PIC IN THGC ALBUM-</b>

Nod

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2003
The "Sapphire R9600Pro Ultimate Edition" that i found costs more than the fireblade edition but if fireblade is better to overclock i will go for that one and buy a zalman (even thou it will cost more), hopefully it will also be fun to try to fix it =).

Usually the UE comes with the same memroy as the Firblade, but sometimes it's the 3,0 kind (never seen a UE with the crappy 3.3ns memory though).

IF the UE and Firbalde both have the same 2.86ns Samsung memory then it will be the same card. The difference will be the quality of your Zalman install (better or worse than factory install), oh and I'm not sure what adding the Zalman to your fireblade would do to the warranty.

The Firebalde is guaranteed (really guaranteed) to ship with memory able to take it to 325mhz (which usually means 2.86ns Samsung), whereas the UE 'usually' comes with that memory, but could come with anything.

Just thought the UE could save you some coin. But it also wouldn't be as much fun. :wink:

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil:

<b>-NEW PIC IN THGC ALBUM-</b>

i agree the UE will save you some coin and keep your warranty if you want it, ME i dont really mind the warranty especially since im gonna mod it anyways, but then again thats me. Do what you feel is safest.

If you are confident that you can modd it fine(which is real easy mind you) then go ahead, but if your not go with the UE.

I will sell you the zm80c-hp for a good price, but you will pay shipping