9600kf
z370 aorus gaming 5
16gb 2400 mhz 2x8
the saphire pulse 5700xt
nvme 256
500gb ssd
psu 750 corsair bronze
thermaltake element g case
the gpu is brand new, around 2 month old and used for 3 weeks and sat down in the box untill yestarday,
i have never seen such high temps, not sure how to upload it here but the hwmonitor temps are as followed: after 1hour of game( usually reach 5 c less in 10 min or less usually:

gpu : max 89C
memory: 88c
and take a look at that, Hot spot, whats called tjunction on amd software: 111 c

fans are allocated to 50% speed, idle temp is 33~C and everyting else makes so much noise, i think the psu makes the loudest noise of all.

the cpu doesnt reach 60C
the ventilation is great, i have 180 or 200mm fan on front, up and even on the GPU( sideways)plus a 140mm rear fan,

its loud and hot as ive never encountered in my life, and its not 1 of those bad antec front glass low airflow cases!!!

does this require a visit with warranty?
performance wise its fantastic, but its too hot to be true :X

Solution
No, there should be a physical switch on the card that allows you to switch the bios. Check the manual on the proper way to do that. Your system should be shut off when you flip the switch. How old is your PSU? You keep mentioning that it makes a lot of noise so I would consider replacing it if its 5 or more years old, maybe switch to one with a Gold rating. If the PSU is overheating it may cause you GPU to heat up if it close to it, but you said that you CPU stays cool so its hard to say if that is the issue. What card did you have before? Sounds like this started when you installed the 5700xt.

M3rKn

Respectable
Nov 13, 2019
This card sits around 70c on an open test bench, so I would assume you should have a GPU temp of 75-85c in a case. (don't pay attention the the "hotspot" temp, that is for the GPUs boost algorithm GPU temp is what matters)

Either way you should do as what most recommend. Try running your rig without the side panel installed. If you see a dramatic drop in temps then you do have an airflow problem. Its the easiest thing to diagnose.
If temps stay the same then increase your fan profile, you said its at 50%, so your card probably wants more cooling.

Also try playing different games. For example: when I play the Witcher 3 my rig is silent as a mouse, but when I play FarCry 5 its make a little more noise.

"the ventilation is great, i have 180 or 200mm fan on front, up and even on the GPU( sideways)plus a 140mm rear fan"
Your fan config is a bit confusing, even if you have 140mm+ fans doesn't mean you have great airflow, how do you have a fan on the GPU? Are you talking about the GPUs fans or did you install a floating fan inside your case pointing at the GPU?

acaciusx

Reputable
Mar 10, 2019
This card sits around 70c on an open test bench, so I would assume you should have a GPU temp of 75-85c in a case. (don't pay attention the the "hotspot" temp, that is for the GPUs boost algorithm GPU temp is what matters)

Either way you should do as what most recommend. Try running your rig without the side panel installed. If you see a dramatic drop in temps then you do have an airflow problem. Its the easiest thing to diagnose.
If temps stay the same then increase your fan profile, you said its at 50%, so your card probably wants more cooling.

Also try playing different games. For example: when I play the Witcher 3 my rig is silent as a mouse, but when I play FarCry 5 its make a little more noise.

"the ventilation is great, i have 180 or 200mm fan on front, up and even on the GPU( sideways)plus a 140mm rear fan"
Your fan config is a bit confusing, even if you have 140mm+ fans doesn't mean you have great airflow, how do you have a fan on the GPU? Are you talking about the GPUs fans or did you install a floating fan inside your case pointing at the GPU?
thanks for the reply, ill deffinitly try the side door open tomorrow and compare, temps do reach 88 89 either way( ignoring the hotspot/ tjunction), the case has 1 of those huge fans on the side door as well, blowing air in or out not sure how it is by deffult, so theres a big 1 front, up, side+ 140mm rear and the gpus double fan as well.

and i will try another game this was just what i was playing till now and i was eager to test it, the fps is amazing and so is the graphics and all no complains, but oh the noise and heat,
the corsair cx750 is making so much noise with his fan, never noticed that, is that due to the huge power draw of the gpu?

M3rKn

Respectable
Nov 13, 2019
thanks for the reply, ill deffinitly try the side door open tomorrow and compare, temps do reach 88 89 either way( ignoring the hotspot/ tjunction), the case has 1 of those huge fans on the side door as well, blowing air in or out not sure how it is by deffult, so theres a big 1 front, up, side+ 140mm rear and the gpus double fan as well.

and i will try another game this was just what i was playing till now and i was eager to test it, the fps is amazing and so is the graphics and all no complains, but oh the noise and heat,
the corsair cx750 is making so much noise with his fan, never noticed that, is that due to the huge power draw of the gpu?

Oh you have a case with a fan on the side panel for the GPU, I get you now. (that should pull air in, make sure its doing that)
make sure your top fan is pulling air out
make sure your rear fan pulls air out
and make sure the front fan pulls air in
that should be your proper configuration

Are you sure its the Power Supply making the noise? If so I would replace it. And no the Sapphire Pulse doesn't draw that much power. You could get away with a good quality 550w power supply with that card.

Reactions: King_V

acaciusx

Reputable
Mar 10, 2019
Oh you have a case with a fan on the side panel for the GPU, I get you now. (that should pull air in, make sure its doing that)
make sure your top fan is pulling air out
make sure your rear fan pulls air out
and make sure the front fan pulls air in
that should be your proper configuration

Are you sure its the Power Supply making the noise? If so I would replace it. And no the Sapphire Pulse doesn't draw that much power. You could get away with a good quality 550w power supply with that card.
thanks again appreciate ur will to aid,
ok so, with open case temps are slightly higher, and faster im guessing it means the air flow is decent+
i checked fans and they all do as intended( front and side intake, up and rear outtake)
regarding the psu, not sure yet but it feels like his fan is spinning fast,
at 70% gpu fans speed i get up to 85C on gpu itself, 80 on the memory and 110 on hot spot, u said to ignore it, so i do.

at 70% though its extremely loud and still very very hot i would say for a brand new gpu wtih a decent air flow case+ a side 1 which most cases dont even have...

about the Watt usage, hw monitor stated highest peak was 285 as of now, after 25 min of gametime in apex, didnt test any other game yet, and from what i noticed while playing 240 260 and those numbers are very common, 170- to those numbers which is huge ...

is there any problem or anything like that iwth the card? or thats just how damn hot and loud it is?
its a 571$ card after taxes here in israel
i thouht i would have a nice pretty quiet good gaming pc, and it feels like i was terribly wrong :S

M3rKn

Respectable
Nov 13, 2019
is there any problem or anything like that iwth the card? or thats just how damn hot and loud it is?
its a 571$ card after taxes here in israel
i thouht i would have a nice pretty quiet good gaming pc, and it feels like i was terribly wrong :S

This card has two bios so you could try switching over to the silent bios however, even on the performance bios it should be running much cooler. I can't hear how loud your card is, but I am assuming at those temps the noise is pretty annoying. Do you have the latest drivers installed from AMD? I would be considering returning it.

acaciusx

Reputable
Mar 10, 2019
This card has two bios so you could try switching over to the silent bios however, even on the performance bios it should be running much cooler. I can't hear how loud your card is, but I am assuming at those temps the noise is pretty annoying. Do you have the latest drivers installed from AMD? I would be considering returning it.
i dont think a new card require the use of bios tweaking correct me if im wrong
as of now, the max recorded by hwmonitor are:
gpu temp 89
mem- 92
hotspot: 112
wat usage 295W

it is just nonsense, and the air flow is seems to be decent+++++

returning it you say? or the use of warranty, usually the shop i bought is considered pretty rough on returns, i wouldnt mind it warming up and melting as far as im concerned as its new, its just its soo loud and also forces the entire computer to be noisy as well.

M3rKn

Respectable
Nov 13, 2019
No, there should be a physical switch on the card that allows you to switch the bios. Check the manual on the proper way to do that. Your system should be shut off when you flip the switch. How old is your PSU? You keep mentioning that it makes a lot of noise so I would consider replacing it if its 5 or more years old, maybe switch to one with a Gold rating. If the PSU is overheating it may cause you GPU to heat up if it close to it, but you said that you CPU stays cool so its hard to say if that is the issue. What card did you have before? Sounds like this started when you installed the 5700xt.

Solution

acaciusx

Reputable
Mar 10, 2019
is psu has 4 more years of warranty, so its pretty new,
the setup is collected all together and assembled,
i will however reassemble everything in a Corsair 750D i bought for 25$, along with a corsair h115XT hydro , and will report :) ty