Question Saphire Rx 580 Pulse 8GB being extremly loud at high tempetures

Mar 17, 2019
So i recently bought a second hand'ish computer with a Saphire Rx 580 Pulse 8gb inside it and it runs fine on weaker games but when i tried to play the forest full on high settings i got a solid 60FPS and ear pain for 2 weeks..
It gets hot REALLY fast and so in turn the cooling turns on to cool it down when this happens the sound of fans going to 60% is hurting my ears..

Anyways my question is if i change the thermal paste on the GPU and i clear it a bit will it fix it to some extend.
Ive looked into coil whine but i beilive thats not the problem considering that the GPU is silent when playing a weak game like League(or when idle)..

WildCard999

Titan
Cleaning it out and replacing the thermal paste should help with temps thus lowering the fan speed but you also may want to create a custom fan curve via MSI Afterburner if it's that loud (sacrifice temps for sound but try to keep the GPU under 85C).

Another option is dumping the fans on it, using a AIO bracket and buying a 120mm AIO as long as you have a spot to mount it in your case.

Mar 17, 2019
Cleaning it out and replacing the thermal paste should help with temps thus lowering the fan speed but you also may want to create a custom fan curve via MSI Afterburner if it's that loud (sacrifice temps for sound but try to keep the GPU under 85C).

Another option is dumping the fans on it, using a AIO bracket and buying a 120mm AIO as long as you have a spot to mount it in your case.
Thanks i just wanted to be sure that i am not going to do something that wont benefit me in any way . Gonna do a bit more research and just do it if i find nothing else.

WildCard999

Titan
geofelt made a good point about case and fan orientation, if the airflow can be improved enough to keep the GPU cooler that may help as well.

Although I will say that if a GPU is so loud that it hurts your hearing at only 60% fan speed this is probably something you should take up with Sapphire as either you have super sensitive hearing or there's something seriously wrong with the fans/bearings. Even though the computer is second hand maybe the GPU is still under warranty?

Mar 17, 2019
geofelt made a good point about case and fan orientation, if the airflow can be improved enough to keep the GPU cooler that may help as well.

Although I will say that if a GPU is so loud that it hurts your hearing at only 60% fan speed this is probably something you should take up with Sapphire as either you have super sensitive hearing or there's something seriously wrong with the fans/bearings. Even though the computer is second hand maybe the GPU is still under warranty?
Only the CPU PSU Motherboard Ram and case came with the warranty basicly everything expect the card..
Anyways the case https://www.aerocool.com.tw/us/chssis/pgs-q/qs-240
Ive tried using the PC while the case is open to see are the tempetures gonna improve but it barely did anything..