[SOLVED] Sapphire 5600 XT BE

debgram

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011
I just got this card and was wondering about some settings. Undervolt GPU and Overclock VRAM? Why or what situations would I need to use these settings? Thanks

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8600 CPU @ 3.10GHz, 3096 Mhz
8 GB RAM
Windows 10 64 bit
1TB hard drive
Asus ROG STRIX 8360-F Gaming

Solution
Undervolt = tune the card to apply less voltage at any/all given frequencies. This reduces power consumption, which reduces heat output, which reduces fan noise, etc etc.
Undervolting is NOT the same as underclocking (underclocking has all the benefits of undervolting, BUT it incurs a performance penalty because frequency is also reduced)

Overclock VRAM = Similar to overclocking the GPU core, OCing VRAM can improve performance. To what degree depends on the application.
Undervolt = tune the card to apply less voltage at any/all given frequencies. This reduces power consumption, which reduces heat output, which reduces fan noise, etc etc.
Undervolting is NOT the same as underclocking (underclocking has all the benefits of undervolting, BUT it incurs a performance penalty because frequency is also reduced)

Overclock VRAM = Similar to overclocking the GPU core, OCing VRAM can improve performance. To what degree depends on the application.

Reactions: debgram
Solution