ATHELESTAN

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2011
hey guys I recently bought a sapphire 6950 2gb dirt 3 edition with the BIOS switch, and apparently after 2011 ended, they removed the bios switch. Well, a loose screw that they neglected to check if was tight fell out of the graphics card, and broke a fan. I sended it in back to newegg, but they wouldn't replace it. I've considered buying an aftermarket cooler, but it voids warranty. Should i send it back in to sapphire? Would they replace it with a new 6950 without the bios switch, or would they just replace the cooler? Thanks.

Dogsnake

Distinguished
Since you do not want to operate the card without one fan working, send it back for repair. You can contact Sapphire and request a repair since you want this card not a similar replacement. Why did Newegg not replace it? Was it discontinued and out of stock? Maybe they though you fooled with the card and caused the damage? In any case you need to get it fixed.

dharmenparikh

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2011
They might try to repair the cooler first and if thats not possible then they will send you a new one.

If they tell you its a new one then ask them if you have the option to get one of the Toxic 6950s...I own 3 of them and they all unlocked to 6970...no need to do anything except flip the switch.

Basically, get rdy to have long chats with customer service if you really want the dual bios switch. You might even ask for a credit...and get a 7870 or 7850

Dogsnake

Distinguished
Good Luck do you speak Chinese?

Hong Kong Office:
Unit 1909 – 1919, 19/F., Tower 2, Grand Central Plaza, 138 Shatin Rural Committee Road, Shatin, N.T., Hong Kong
Tel: (852) 2687 8888
Fax: (852) 2690 3356

USA technical service :
Email:tech@althonmicro.com

USA RMA/Warranty service:
Email:rma@althonmicro.com

Canada RMA/Warranty service:
Email:rma@althon.com

TRENDING THREADS