Sapphire 7950

musufasa

Honorable
Mar 2, 2013
I just bought a Sapphire 7950 graphics card and I am getting a weird mirage looking effect randomly on my screen kind of a random squiggly mirage effect that makes text, things on the screen, etc jittery.(if that makes any sense lol).... I only had room in my case to have like half a inch of room from the fans of the card to the bottom of the case. But Idle my temps are around 30C and under 100% load they stay around 65-70C. So I dunno why this is happening?

The mirage effect happens almost constantly and randomly on the screen when the computer is idled or doing anything except playing games. I have not see it happen in a game yet.

Anyone have any idea what it could be?

G

That could be alot of things.Dying monitor?Maybe some weird power source that causes it?Not sure can you move your pc a few feet to see if it still does it.really it could be about anything.

hero1

Distinguished
May 9, 2012
I think it has to do with flash adds. I had the same issue and once I got adblocker the whole thing stopped. I also remember someone commenting before saying it had to do with corrupt mouse effect, google it. So far I know that it's due to flash because when I disable adblock on chrome, I get the jittery effect now and then but when I have it on, it never happens. So try that and see.

musufasa

Honorable
Mar 2, 2013
It was running fine when I had my 5770 in it. Just upgraded today and put the 7950 in. I can pretty much confirm that when it idles at 300mhz GPU and 150 mhz memory clock it instantly starts doing it.

But when I start a game and it goes to 925 mhz GPU clock and 1250 mhz memory clock the problem is no longer there.