sapphire 9600xt vs ati 9600xt?

toothpicvic

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2003
any difference/preference between the two? do you get hl2 with both?

thanks for your thoughts.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by toothpicvic on 01/14/04 05:10 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

cleeve

Illustrious
Same specs. Ati has a better warranty.

Vimp

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2003
Saphire has a full retail version of its cards as well as a Lite retail version of its cards. The Lite version is most commonly found from what I've seen because its cheaper and most don't know that its any different from a normal retail version of any product. However the Lite version dosn't come with any extra software or anything and I'm not sure but I think that means it also dosnt include HL2 either.

Also from what I've seen at Rage3D, the regular Sapphires don't have Overdrive nor the thermal sensors. Only the FireBlade version of the R9600XT has the termal sensors and thus Overdrive.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil: