Question SAPPHIRE BP-FP5 is a 4”x4” for gaming AAA+

Ragahv

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2012
Hi just wanted to know if this motherboard is okay for gaming and running games like battlefield 4 on medium or high settings: SAPPHIRE BP-FP5 is a 4”x4” ?

It has the following support and features:
https://www.sapphiretech.com/en/commercial/bp-fp5

• High-performance "Zen" CPU with 14nm FinFET
  • 4"x 4" small form factor
  • Latest AMD Ryzen™ Embedded V/R Series Family APUs
  • Vega GPU graphics
  • Supports 3 x 4K displays
Guide:

BP-FP5 Embedded 4"x 4" Platform
Highest Performance at Lowest Cost in Small Form Factor

The SAPPHIRE BP-FP5 is a 4”x4” form factor board based on the latest AMD Ryzen™ Embedded V/R Series Family APUs which features the industry leading Vega GPU graphics combined with the quad/dual-core high-performance “Zen” CPU for embedded markets.
Three 4K displays can be supported in addition to dual-channel DDR4-2400 memory, and M.2 for WiFi and SSD expansion. The SAPPHIRE BP-FP5 is an ideal solution for small form factor IPC, signage, kiosk, robotics, POS, thin clients, medical imaging, industrial control.
SAPPHIRE again proves the ability to offer cost effective, small form factor, low power, embedded solutions.

Specifications for this board:

Form Factor
4" x 4"
CPU
  • AMD Ryzen™ Embedded V/R1000
TBD
  • 25W
Cooling
  • Active
System Memory
  • DDR4 SO-DIMM
  • 2x DDR4-Up to 2400, Max. 32GB
External I/O Edge Connectors
  • Displays: 2 x DP + 1 x HDMI 2.0
  • Ethernet: 2x RJ-45, 1GbE
  • COM: N/A
  • Audio: Combo Mic In/Line out Jack (Front)
  • USB: 1 x USB3.1(Front) + 2 x USB3.1
Internal I/O Headers
  • COM: 1 x (5 x 2) header-- RS232/422/485 (Jumperless)
  • Front Panel: 1 x (5 x 2) header
  • Audio: N/A
  • USB: 2 x USB2.0
  • Others: SATA PWR 1 x 4 pins
Security
  • TPM: Infineon SLB9670 TPM2.0 on board
Power
12 ~ 19V DC power jack
Expansion Slots
  • 1x M.2 (Key M, 2242/2260) with PCIe x4 and SATA for SSD
  • 1x M.2 (Key E, 2230) with PCIe x1 and USB2.0 for Wireless
  • 1 x SATA3 (6.0 Gb/s) + 1 x SATA Power

Well, i was thinking of getting this one because it's fan less and needs no heat sink or fan. I may need one for anti heat or radiation. I can get mini ITX but have no room in my cara van. Dont live in a house. I have a proper case for it though. My van is small and has a home in it too.

Please tell me if the processor is quad core and 2 threads (octa core) and the speed of the cpu and gpu and if its suitable for gaming of AAA titles like Battlefield 4 on high settings (video) mode.

Also tell me if it has vega 11 GPU RX.

What is the main differance between this board and the BP-NP5 ? I think it's the amount of displays you can attach but still it could be the processor speed. I still want to know it doesn't tell you over there. Mini ITX is good form factor but i like the smallest pc size with an APU with integrated graphics and central processing unit all in one also known as AMD fusion. I don't need it to do power saving but if it can switch mode to power saving it could be wonderfull and i need it to have high performance graphics engine and cpu mode so if it doesnt have it please let me know. Thats because if you game on low power mode video is not good enough.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS