Sapphire Cards still costly

musrocs14

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2012
Why are Sapphire Cards still higher than the average cost for AMD rx cards. Also looking at the Vega 56 but Sapphire cards seem to be higher than average and I have usually always gone with them since the 9800 pro days.

Anyone have any idea why this is or what anyone predicts for the prices to be in a month or so?

Was hoping to get an RX580 but prices around 300 is still too high and was hoping for something closer to 240 for a card that has a solid cooler and lower noise. Any suggestions, or is RX 56 worth it for the right price (what would be a good price?)>?

Solution
Honestly it probably is enough for most at 1080 but I am always of the more never hurts.

Personally I would wait till nVidia announces their next GPU. Might bring prices down a bit for everything.

Personally I have used Sapphire before and their products are good although I do prefer Asus over most now but the cheapest Asus RX 58 is $300 it seems.

musrocs14

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2012
Is 4gb enough for todays games? I haven't really played much games the last 2 years since I was finishing school and have an old HD 7870 but only has 2 gb? I have a 24 inch 144hz 1080p monitor at the moment. Doom, Tomb Raider, Wolfenstein, and possibly some new games that I find interesting will be the main games I'm wanting to play. Should that card be adequate for adequate framerates?

Honestly it probably is enough for most at 1080 but I am always of the more never hurts.

Personally I would wait till nVidia announces their next GPU. Might bring prices down a bit for everything.

Personally I have used Sapphire before and their products are good although I do prefer Asus over most now but the cheapest Asus RX 58 is $300 it seems.

Solution

musrocs14

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2012
Thanks for the information, I have had a Ryzen system since August of last year but didn't pull the trigger on a GPU because of the apparent release of Vega. Now I am just itching to be able to play one of these games at better quality but at the moment it is just driving me nuts to wait.

Latest posts