Sapphire Does 3D Gaming with Eyefinity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
"things can look a little off when if you're at an awkward angle."
Agreed but since this looks like PC gaming in mind, we all know PC gamers sit in a very select area while gaming.

abswindows7

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2009
[citation][nom]user-one[/nom]It sure took you guys long enough to find this article. Its been up other places for about 2 weeks now.[/citation]

sources ?

rocky1234

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2008
this 3D crap is all cool & all but if you have to wear silly looking glasses to play a game or watch TV then instant fail. This reminds me of those old pictures from the 50's with people wearing those dorky glasses in the theaters. Also if this is the new 3D revolution what have we been using for the past 15 years in our games they called that 3D as well. Will the 3D in all those games be demoted to 2.5D to make room for this newly invented tech that came out in the 50's.

Just some thoughts

-That is all-

borisof007

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
Yeah I hate wearing glasses over my glasses. /sigh

With that said, I did try Nvidia's 3d tech at the last Blizzcon and I can say that it's neat, but I wouldn't spend the money on it.

proxy711

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2009
Wow 3D plus Eyefinity they just combined the 2 most useless things to create super useless tech.

because everyone has three 3d monitors just sitting around right?

feeddagoat

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
I want 3D technology to advance but the big problem with 3D is the glasses. My mate for example is blind in one eye so 3D TV and gaming is therefore useless for him. Its coming to the point now that trying to find a cinema that does 2D versions of popular films is getting harder. Im sure there are many others in this boat too. Me on the other hand get huge headaches when using the glasses. Im probably in the minority but current solutions arn't the best. In all honesty, the new Nintendo DS really excites me if it can pull off 3D without glasses!

Can anyone fill in a blank here? Nvidia where saying something about bandwidth issues with 3D and "eyefinity" running on large res monitors. I don't fully understand the details but Have ATI a way round this problem?

tntom

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2001
No way I can afford that. Me and my wife went to see Avatar and chose a Theater that had it in 3D and it was terrible! It felt slightly out of focus the whole time and to us it added no depth. We wish we had went to a standard 2D showing. On the other hand we have watched 3D IMAX movies that were great. I hope the costs come down quickly. But 3D still needs lots of work.

clivene09

Distinguished
May 28, 2010
[citation][nom]jryan388[/nom]And it only takes tri-sli watercooled GTX 480s to run it![/citation]

"which combines a single Sapphire video card with ATI Eyefinity support"

G

Tom's... Can you please, for the love of God change the picture viewing method on this website?!!?!!?!!

cj_online

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2008
[citation][nom]Ragnar-Kon[/nom]I still don't understand what the big deal about 3D is lately, in games, TV, and movies. Am I the only one left that prefers 2D?[/citation]
Yes

If using stereoscopic glass's are giving you headaches, then either get new higher quality glass's or better tune the 3D system for your eyeballs. Also 3D on a gaming system with 120hz+ LCD monitor is NOT the same as 3D in a theater using polarized lenses. Polarized lenses are of varying quality. The cheaper ones do a poor job of properly filtering the light and you end up with nausea / headaches after a little bit. I refuse to watch 3D films a certain theater in my city because of the quality of their glass's. Another theater has much higher quality glass's but their ticket prices are higher, I just pay the higher price and don't get eyestrain / nausea.

But on a home system with a proper LCD panel and stereoscopic shutter glass's you shouldn't ever have any problems if you've tuned it properly. Not everyone's eyeballs are the same distance apart, because of that we all have slightly different depth perceptions. It is imperative that you adjust the GFX 3D drivers to match whats comfortable for you. Once this is done you shouldn't have any more problems, just make sure there is no glare on the LCD screen as they will play havoc with your eyeballs.

vinehoyle

Distinguished
May 9, 2009
my experience of my first 3d movie were wonderful, and then very horrible. I loved monsters vs aliens, but the trip home i felt sooo sick! To be honest, if u have to wear special glasses....fail..never catch on because gamers are super super picky about any distractions whatsoever..glasses sliding off nose perhaps, or perhaps ear gets dug into.... Known some to lock the door to their game room and wear in ear canal ear buds to seal out any extraneous sounds. One guy i know even had sound deadening paneling installed into his puter room. Also...if you have to do any tinkering at all, even the slightest, to the graphics card(s) it's still fail outright. Only the hard core junkies will twitter with it until it's perfect. Any 3D gaming rig system will have to be literally turn it on and off you go right away. But the technology is exciting though!

Movies leads the way pushing 3D standard into homes, games may have had it longer but it remains niche, and only once it has become more ubiquitous will it really take off in gaming too, when the hardware is already a standard for most people and not something they have to seek out specifically. Just like DTS-HD Master and Dolby TruHD, the specialized will become the norm.

Status
Not open for further replies.