Sapphire HD 4870 graphic corrupt...

chandreu

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2009
I just bought the new sapphire HD4870 512MB graphic card. I realize it has problem playing some games. I have attached the screenshots of the graphic corruption problem as i dunno how to explain it just by words.

My system is running on Vista Ultimate 32bit SP1 and i just updated the card with the latest ATI Catalyst 8.12 driver.

What am i suppose to do ? Is it my graphic card having hardware problem or its something software related ? I could play other games like Crysis, Red Alert 3, Far Cry 2, Gears Of War and Bioshock without any problem though.

Game with corrupted graphic issues:

Bionic Commando Rearmed ---> Graphics corrupt
Supreme Commander Forged Alliance ---> Graphics corrupt
The Witcher ---> Graphics corrupt, similar like supreme commando and bionic commando rearmed but not as worst as them, still playable.

I tried the same game using the same disc on my friend's pc and it works great!! So, its definitely not the game's problem.

Help me...

my_4870.jpg

bioniccommando.jpg

supcomman_forged_alliance.jpg

supcomman_forged_alliance2.jpg

coverfire

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2003
Well, crap there goes my hopes it was a driver issue. I have the same exact card and have problems with it as well. I'm last ditch efforting with the cat 8.10 drivers and I'll let you know. I have the same card you have and a different model HD4870 also by sapphire except that one works. problem is crossfire locks my system up like a drum when I introduce the card that is same as yours.

antiacid

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2008
vram overheat.

More airflow, make sure that the card has good contact with the heatsinks, if it persists just RMA it since it could be defective.

Kari

Splendid
^^yeah, looks like vram corruption.
is that non-reference cooler actually covering the vrams or are they without heatsinks and just under the airflow by themselves?

K@n0N93

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2009
I have the same card and had the same problem problem with forged alliance...I updated forged alliance and it was fine after that.
oh yeah make sure you run in capability mode to XP

mredge73

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
No such luck for me, I am running windows 7 and I updated the drivers, updated the game, and I am running it in XP mode. I have the OC edition card so I clocked it down to default and no luck. Spore is also screwing up now, I got to get to the bottom of this. Thanks for your help.

G

I have the same problem with forged alliance and my card is 2600 xt no oc, on win 7...tried with compatibility and nothing works...