[SOLVED] Sapphire Nitro+ 5700xt has extremely high temps ?

May 22, 2021
While playing cyberpunk i turned on rivatuner and saw my 5700xt was at 90c with my side panel OFF.

I immediately closed cyberpunk and opened Radeon Software and saw that the edge temp and juction temp were the exact same and going down at the exact same time (junction dropped to 89c and edge went to 89c at the same moment). It only went down to about 87c and idled there.

Normally Radeon Software and MSI afterburner show the gpu idle at 45c but for everything, including task manager to say its at 87c worries me.

I ran a fan check, everything was fine. I also tried a less intensive game (Smite) and it only got up to 61c which seemed normal.

I'm pretty sure this is just a random bug where windows is showing the junction and edge temps as the same thing, especially because they were the always the same temperature and the same time, but wanted to make sure everything is safe.

Solution
you can cap your FPS to keep temps down as well. depending on what your monitors refresh rate is you can cap to that number so that your GPU isn't overworking putting out frames that can even be utilized visually
May 23, 2021
While playing cyberpunk i turned on rivatuner and saw my 5700xt was at 90c with my side panel OFF.

I immediately closed cyberpunk and opened Radeon Software and saw that the edge temp and juction temp were the exact same and going down at the exact same time (junction dropped to 89c and edge went to 89c at the same moment). It only went down to about 87c and idled there.

Normally Radeon Software and MSI afterburner show the gpu idle at 45c but for everything, including task manager to say its at 87c worries me.

I ran a fan check, everything was fine. I also tried a less intensive game (Smite) and it only got up to 61c which seemed normal.

I'm pretty sure this is just a random bug where windows is showing the junction and edge temps as the same thing, especially because they were the always the same temperature and the same time, but wanted to make sure everything is safe.
Graphics cards have core clock, and memory clock. A Graphics card is basically a little computer that is attached to your motherboard, helping with all the graphical processes in your computer (games rendering, shadows, colors, resolution, everything). Below that radiator witch you might see below the fans is a processor (gpu) and some videoram memories. They heat up depending on the graphical process diversity. Some processes use more videoram than other, and that ram is producing heat, same as the gpu. That radiator is being cooled down by the fans, and it caches the heat from these gpu and videoram, witch then gets dissipated in the air that comes out from your pc. An effective airflow could help a lot.
Your problem might be about cleaning your Graphics card.

View: https://youtu.be/wOKSZ86xfm4
This video might help you solve your problem. Buy some thermal paste (I recommend Arctic MX-2 or Arctic MX-4). Spread the thermal paste evenly over your gpu, and change those silicon patches (Gembird is the bard for silicone pads). Those drive the heat from the videoram to the radiator. Your might need to wash your radiator with water ( No risk of harming your component, since that radiator is just a piece of metal) and dry it with some hot air, so you don't get any water on the Graphics card's circuit board. Blow the dust from your circuit board with compressed air (no difference between canned air or compressor). After you make sure it's clean as new, assemble your Graphics card back, run a test in Geek's Furmark test (this is the link to download it https://geeks3d.com/furmark/ ) to check the temperatures. It will tell you exactly how many degrees Celsius are there.
A good clean should solve your problem. If you will have any misunderstanding just drop a line in this thread, I will try to help you.