Question SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Not operating at proper Mhz for core or memory.

Jun 10, 2019
So I recently built a PC (first time it went smoothly) but I am finding my vega 64 is operating at ~50-60 Mhz average core clock and ~100 Mhz memory clock. I have checked with wattman, msi afterburner, and gpu-z. Everything else works fine. It even plays games at maximum graphics, but I am wondering if this is impacting performance greatly. For example, war thunder maximum all settings ~70 FPS 1080p, but I feel it should do better. So what I am asking is is this a bug or a real issue. I'm new to this site so if this is formatted badly or whatever dont hate. Thanks!

Also specs: GPU - Sapphire Nitro+ Vega 64
CPU - Ryzen 7 2700x
Mobo - Gigabyte x470 Aorus
RAM - 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 Mhz

If I understand you correctly, your GPU is not operating at full Core and MEM clock speed values (boost), and it is lower than the advertised specs, or you are talking about some other thing ? What's the make and model number of your Power supply unit/PSU ?

Jun 10, 2019
The problem is it operates very well at high graphics settings, but MSI afterburner, Wattman, and GPU-Z all say it is NOT operating well. They say it is operating at ~50 Mhz when it is clearly not... Basically it is working fine all games but the readings do not show that.
Also its an Corsair 850W RM850x PSU

Okay, have you tried doing a CLEAN re-install of the GPU drivers. Use the DDU tool if necessary. Also, try reinstalling MSI AB tool as well. First remove ALL previous saved profiles, fan curve settings, and then re-install MSI AB, to the latest version that is.

ASK THE COMMUNITY