Question Sapphire Nitro Rx 480 4gb Heating Issue!

• Most modern GPUs turn their fans off below 55-60C.
  • In AMD Settings -> Performance tab -> Tuning, on the right side, enable the toggle for "fan tuning", then enable "advanced control", and below the graph open the "fine tuning controls".
    • For my RX480, I have it set at 20%/65C, 30%/70C, 40%/75C, 50%/80C, 65%/85C

Reactions: hannankhan
Dec 7, 2020
@tennis2 yes I have used your settings and I have also installed WHQL version of Drivers and changed the fan settings for each Game as well rather than changing only the Global settings. So, I think that changing the Fan settings for each Game has helped solve the issue. Also, I enabled Radeon Chill which has kept my temp to 70C max.

Chill is nice, for games that are applicable (non fast-paced games). Chill [basically] activates when you stop moving your mouse, so...

I do miss FRTC (static FPS cap by automatically adjusting GPU frequency). That should've never got canned.

Further power/heat/noise savings can be achieved via manual voltage settings in the Performance -> Tuning tab. For instance, my 1305MHz (State 7) load state is set to get 1040mV. On auto voltage, it gets 1075-1150mV.

Reactions: hannankhan