[SOLVED] SAPPHIRE NITRO+ RX 570 4 GB black screen

Jan 7, 2019
Hi everyone!

I am very new to pc building and have hit a bump in the proces of finalizing my build. I hope someone out there has some helpful tips or insights i can try. I have a problem with my gpu. When i turn on the pc with the gpu inserted i get no signal from the card to the screen. The pc turns on and the card lights up and both of it's fan spin. I have tried changing which HDMI slot i'm using to no avail. The card was bought used but seemed fine, and the seller used it up until it was sold.

What i have done is set up the pc without the gpu inserted, and installed drivers for the motherboard. I tried installng AMD drivers, but (as i have now learned) it is not possible to install drivers without the gpu installed.

What should be my next course of action?

System:
CPU: I3 8100
Ram: 16 GB cosair vengeance
Mobo: Gigabyte H310M A
GPU: SAPPHIRE NITRO+ RX 570 4 GB
PSU: Cosair TX550M

Solution
You can rule out a bad/dead card by dropping the card in a donor system with a PSU that has 650W of power at the system's disposal.
Jan 7, 2019

I don't have another system at all, but i'll look into it :) It would be nice knowing if the card is actually dead. What does the term donor system mean? And if it is not too time consuming to explain why would it need to be a 650w power supply?

Thanks a lot for the help!

hasnain.hayderjs

Reputable
Sep 19, 2018
Have you tried setting the initial display output to the PCIe 1 lane in the BIOS? Most boards don't require you to do this as they automatically shut down integrated graphics, but it's worth a try.