Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 4GB coil whine / fan noise?

xGigabyte

Reputable
Jun 29, 2016
I just got my new Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 4GB and I'm experiencing some weird noises coming from the fans of the GPU. It sounds like a wobbly fan, or that the bearing of the fan hasn't been done right. The sound could also be coil whine, but I really doubt it since I can only hear the sound when the fans start to spin up. Could it just be a fan related issue? If so, should I ask the manufacturer or the shop to send me new Sapphire fans so I can install them myself or should I just RMA the whole card? Also, the fans surface is completely clear, there isn't any cable hitting the fan creating the noise.

On top of that, for some reason the fans of the gpu keep spinning after I closed my game, even when the card drops down to idle temperatures (around 30C). When I open the Sapphire TRIXX software it clearly says the fans will start to spin if the card hits somewhere near to 60C. This really annoys me when I'm doing homework or watching YouTube, because now I hear this weird fan noise all the time. Is this a software related thing or could it also just be the card? The current Radeon Software Version is 19.1.1

I'm very pleased with the performance and the looks of this card, but this annoying noise is just very unacceptable to me. I hope someone can help me out with this one. Thanks in advance.

xGigabyte

Reputable
Jun 29, 2016

So why are the fans on my gpu behaving this weird then?

TRENDING THREADS