Jul 8, 2022
I got shappire nitro+ rx580 8gb second hand used mining and every time I play games in some of the newest games and in high ultra settings it crashes "no display" but the sound of the pc is still there and the gpu fan is full load. finally I tried to flash the latest bios from techpowerup but it couldn't boot, after i checked it turned out that the sapphire rx 580 has many different brands of memory and I should flash the micron one but instead the samsung & hynix one.

Here I want to ask if I want to restore the bios by short 1-8 which bios chip is for my gpu? (my broken bios is quiet mode) or is there a way to flash the bios by entering windows it using a bios switch that still works?

lastly I want you to know is it true that the flashed bios now is for mining? compared to the right one in techpowerup
here's my GPU-Z and BIOS installed details https://ibb.co/b6n4JF4
here's the BIOS that made bricked https://ibb.co/0FVXxrz Link for Bios: Bios sapphire nitro+ rx580 samsung hynix
here's the name of BIOS P/N of micron one in ATIFLASH https://ibb.co/fnkPpRV Link for Bios: Bios sapphire nitro+ rx580 micron

here's the backboard of the card that maybe there are bios chip https://ibb.co/zJCfQPF

Thank you all for your attention and helps!

Cyberat_88

Distinguished
  1. No identifiers on the back of the board, you could take off the fans and find numbers on the front side.
  2. I would go with whatever Bios you can find from Sapphire if not then fall back to AMD.
Anything else is beyond my knowledge, except I wouldn't buy an abused GPU such as used for mining.

Reactions: KyaraM
You will need the bios that is for your memory (vram) type for that card. They do in fact come with different brands of memory (Hynix, Micron, Samsung, Elpida, etc.) Some brands work with others, but I don't remember which. The problem you have now is that you can't easily read the memory type you have now that you have flashed the wrong bios to it. It may be possible to ask Sapphire about your serial numbered GPU and which memory it has.

Reactions: Cyberat_88
Jul 8, 2022
  1. No identifiers on the back of the board, you could take off the fans and find numbers on the front side.
  2. I would go with whatever Bios you can find from Sapphire if not then fall back to AMD.
Anything else is beyond my knowledge, except I wouldn't buy an abused GPU such as used for mining.

1. there is no plan to open it now because there are bolts that are a bit dol, so it's difficult. but if you want to see the front, I have a picture https://ibb.co/album/mrFrRn
  2. sapphire doesn't seem to have a bios on their site. but I've checked with techpowerup and found 1 that fits above
thank for replying

Jul 8, 2022
You will need the bios that is for your memory (vram) type for that card. They do in fact come with different brands of memory (Hynix, Micron, Samsung, Elpida, etc.) Some brands work with others, but I don't remember which. The problem you have now is that you can't easily read the memory type you have now that you have flashed the wrong bios to it. It may be possible to ask Sapphire about your serial numbered GPU and which memory it has.

my memory is the micron. The GPU-z screenshots above are the bios now running. Thanks for the suggestion to contact sapphire but I don't have the GPU box anymore. Now I want to try flashing the bios because the problem of no display still comes out.
I'll be back when I have and have tested it. I hope all goes well

Jul 8, 2022
okay, I'm back quickly. it turns out that atiflash doesn't want to flash because it shows the bios is similar. so maybe this is a new problem on my VGA, because before with the RX460 that I sold there were no problems like this.
or if it's not a bad VGA there's a bottleneck with my system if anyone knows:
Mobo Asus H81M-C
Intel i5-4460
Ram 12GB
PSU Sparkle 80+ GPK600S

sounds like an old system, but I don't have any plans to upgrade yet. for my home computer, I only need to fill my spare time playing games with adjusting settings.
the game I'm playing right now that has the problem:
  • eFootball 2022 - low settings crashes frequently when entering a match. with underclock wattman sometimes it can be 1 match
  • Hitman 3, can only enter the gameplay for a few seconds
games that can:
  • PES 2021, but maximum in Medium settings
  • The Forest, Until High settings (only this game is good without crash, because there are only 4 installed games right now 😀)

8T6oLv.png

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2022
You don't need the box, serial number is on the card itself too. Unless somebody removed the sticker it was printed on.

thank you, but now the Atiflash won't flash it because similar Bios. Firstly because the seller said it's a bios mod that's why I diagnosed the bios that was the problem.

thank you, but now the Atiflash won't flash it because similar Bios. Firstly because the seller said it's a bios mod that's why I diagnosed the bios that was the problem.
Flash a different bios to it, such as the hynix version, knowing it won't work. Then flash the one you want. You will need to know how to force the flash with a secondary display because the GPU may be in a bricked state.

Jul 8, 2022
okay, it turns out that after I managed to disassemble the bolt and replace the thermal paste, then also the thermal pad to 0.5mm which was previously used by 1mm by the seller, resulting in a sudden high load of hot cores without any cooling sticking. the "no display with noise fans" problem has disappeared.
In my opinion, the frequent no display is caused by:
  1. Hot cores need replace thermal paste and correct thermal pad thickness
  2. PSU bad/broken