[SOLVED] Sapphire Nitro+ RX570 4gb Gpu Fan 1 always at 3000rpm

PhilRed

Commendable
Sep 3, 2021
First post sorry for any mistakes. So i just swapped my MSI low profile 1050ti single fan to a used Sapphire Nitro+ Rx 570 4gb for a somewhat cheap deal. I did the DDU driver cleaner many times now and even upgraded my motherboard bios. Now the problem is, 1 fan always spins at 3000rpm as shown by many software especially the Amd Software: Andrenalin Edition. Temps are normal 26-30C at idle and 50-75 at Heavy gaming and multiple workloads (Many tabs Edge tabs open while playing esports games). No matter what work/games i do, the fan always stays at 3k RPM. I have messaged the seller and even local repair shops and said that this is normal. The second fans also spins but at a slower rate than the other one. This is my first dual fan GPU so i dont have past experiences on what is normal or not. I dont have the money to have it thoroughly check and repaired because im still a student and earning money is hard in my country. Im concerned if my fans will quickly deteriorate and just suddenly give up later. Will performing a clean install of windows possibly fix this?

Is this GPU used for mining? If so, is this the result?

TLDR - swapped gpu from nvidia 1050ti to amd Sapphire nitro+ rx 570. Did all necessary steps (DDU, Mobo bios update) but still 1 fan always spins at 3000rpm in idle or heavy workload and will not change even with fan curve from different software.

SPECS:
i3 10100
ASUS PRIME H410-E
KINGSTON 2X8GB 16GB 2666MHZ
SAPPHIRE NITRO+ RX570 4GB
KINGSTON A2000 500GB NVME
WD5000 HDD 500GB (BOOT DRIVE)
CORSAIR CV650 650WATTS 80+BRONZE

SOFTWARES USED:
AMD software Andrenalin Edition 22.3.1 Recommended
MSI afterburner (GPU fan speed 20% while Gpu fan tachometer, RPM at 3000-3090)
Sapphire Trixx (GPUfan check states that both fans are healthy)
No fan curve works

Any Help or/and Advice is highly appreciated! Thank you very much!

Solution
I dont know how to close this thread but my problem has been solved and i can conclude that cleaning the pc thoroughly fixed it. I used a blower to clean the pc

Ralston18

Titan
Install GPU drivers manually.

Download directly from the manufacturer's website. Reinstall and reconfigure. No third party installers or applications.

Disable all of the fan speed/control related software.

Observe system and fan speed behavior.

Then try each app independently. Do not run them together.

Ensure that each one works independently and otherwise as intended/expected.

Next, if necessary, start reinstalling the other applications one at a time and wait a day or so between installs.

Quite possible that the software applications being used are conflicting in some way.

PhilRed

Commendable
Sep 3, 2021
Install GPU drivers manually.

Download directly from the manufacturer's website. Reinstall and reconfigure. No third party installers or applications.

Disable all of the fan speed/control related software.

Observe system and fan speed behavior.

Then try each app independently. Do not run them together.

Ensure that each one works independently and otherwise as intended/expected.

Next, if necessary, start reinstalling the other applications one at a time and wait a day or so between installs.

Quite possible that the software applications being used are conflicting in some way.
Hello and thank you! So i followed your advice and manually installed them but it still didn't work. Each software's fan curve doesn't work.
I have reset the fan curves since it didn't do anything and set them to default
Performance and temps is still good and normal its just the fans. The noise is bearable but im just afraid the fans might give up along the way and even though this version of gpu can replace the fans, replacements are impossible since there are no official stores here or anything. Sapphire trixx states that the fans are healthy and i really don't know anyway to fix this. (I only used the wattman and msi afterburner to try and set fan curves)

Ralston18

Titan
From your original post:

"Is this GPU used for mining? If so, is this the result? " Is or has the computer been used for mining?

PSU: "CORSAIR CV650 650WATTS 80+BRONZE " How old is that PSU? Condition (original, new, refurbished, used)?

This motherboard?

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1200/PRIME_H410M-E/E16383_PRIME_H410M-E_UM_WEB.pdf

[Verify that I linked the correct motherboard user manual.]

First read through the manual then double check all connections to the motherboard. Likewise check all configuration settings as well.

Especial the Fan headers as shown on physically numbered Page 1-2, Item 4. of the User Manual. Confirm that the fan pin outs are correct and match the installed fans.

PhilRed

Commendable
Sep 3, 2021
From your original post:

"Is this GPU used for mining? If so, is this the result? " Is or has the computer been used for mining?

PSU: "CORSAIR CV650 650WATTS 80+BRONZE " How old is that PSU? Condition (original, new, refurbished, used)?

This motherboard?

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1200/PRIME_H410M-E/E16383_PRIME_H410M-E_UM_WEB.pdf

[Verify that I linked the correct motherboard user manual.]

First read through the manual then double check all connections to the motherboard. Likewise check all configuration settings as well.

Especial the Fan headers as shown on physically numbered Page 1-2, Item 4. of the User Manual. Confirm that the fan pin outs are correct and match the installed fans.
I don't know how long the seller has kept the psu but when i purchased it from him, it was sealed and brand new. As for the other parts its fairly new and even greatly taken care of, even if its 2nd hand. I bought all my parts except the gpu from an IT that works at the electric company in our community. Also, the motherboard that you linked is the right one and same as mine. I am not doing mining on my computer and i can say that my computer is fine with no issues because i haven't encountered any when i used it with my 1050ti. Idk if this helps but my gpu once went down to 2000-2500+ rpm when i did some update driver things and DDU and messed with the fan tuning on wattman but had to reinstall my drivers again using DDU because my monitor flickers and does some momentary black screens but i fixed it but the fan rpm is back to 3000+. As for the wire connections, except the system panel header in which i placed the pins correctly but randomly, every header is correctly inserted with the right wires. Motherboard bios settings is on default since i built my pc. I am so very sorry if what i said is confusing and out of order. Every wire connected to headers seems to do their jobs so i think theyre secured. Also i read something here that some gpus go crazy when you have 2 monitors. I have a second 19inch monitor( my main monitor is 1650x1050 60hz from japan. very old) connected to my motherboard with vga and my pc said that my igpu is disabled by itself i think because my igpu has little to no load (haven't disabled manually). I think i have stated some info that might have underlying issues. Again thank you for your continued help and advice and for other tips you might give. Im really comfortable with my gpu rn because it answers all my gaming needs and hoping that i can use it for a long time with no issues <3 :) Also for the fan headers, my chassis fan header is unsed because i use a rgb fan hub for my fans.

PhilRed

Commendable
Sep 3, 2021
I dont know how to close this thread but my problem has been solved and i can conclude that cleaning the pc thoroughly fixed it. I used a blower to clean the pc

Solution