Question Sapphire Nitro Rx590 vs Rx590Special Edition

Jan 5, 2019
What is the difference between these? Is it only color? In my country they are at the same price. So which one should i choose?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
You want to supply a source to that claim? Because I've never had an issue with a Sapphire card. I have however had many issues with Powercolor and XFX cards.
There was a rash of Sapphire GPU failures with RX 580 and RX 590 GPUs over the holidays. One moderator had 3 such failures.

I, too, use and recommend Sapphire products. Never had any issues with them after MANY years of use. I still prefer Sapphire in spite of these recent occurrences.

Last edited:

Phazoner

Distinguished
It's been a while since the latest failure rates comparison between assemblers was made, back in the AMD HD 7xxx series I think. There was only one brand worse than Sapphire that isn't even for sale here in Spain. Neither is Powercolor. XFX has also been a cheap, not highly recommended brand.

Anyways, nowadays I've seen many more cases of faulty Sapphire cards in spanish forums, like half of the opened threads about faulty cards are Sapphire cards. I guess this can't be taken as a rule but I am really not confident with this brand.