Question Sapphire Nitro+ Vapor 9700 XTX RGB Bar not working

Jun 12, 2023
Wondering of someone could somehow help me out.

I'm having issues with my GPU. It's RGB bars stopped working. They worked perfectly fine until I wanted to swap colors or set Trixx to work from an external source like MSI Mystic Light or SignalRGB RGB controller software. I've since uninstalled every RGB controller software.

So far, I've tried the following troubleshooting:
  • Uninstalled all RGB controller software.
  • Uninstalled AMD Adrenalin software
  • Uninstalled AMD Chipset driver
  • Unplugged and plugged the GPU back on the same motherboard.
  • Unplugged and plugged the GPU on a different computer.
  • Shorted JT1 header
  • Cleared CMOS
  • Restored optimal defaults in BIOS
  • Updated Led Firmware.
  • Fresh Windows 11 install on an empty SSD
  • Fresh AMD Adrenalin Driver
  • Fresh Trixx 9.0 install.

So far I'm in a tech support ticket with Sapphire and they've also told me to contact Althon Micro.
The issue with the GPU is only regarding the RGB bars. Gaming performance and everything else is as it should. I recorded the following video once I reinstalled windows and the GPU driver and Trixx 9.0:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrws4R5w-qo

ej3.png

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

So far I'm in a tech support ticket with Sapphire and they've also told me to contact Althon Micro.
That would indicate that the firmware on the GPU for the RGB controller has fizzled out. This is the second thread I've come across whereby a third party app like Signal RGB introduced an update and then caused the RGB to conk out.

Reactions: KoffyGG
Jun 12, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

That would indicate that the firmware on the GPU for the RGB controller has fizzled out. This is the second thread I've come across whereby a third party app like Signal RGB introduced an update and then caused the RGB to conk out.
Yeah! That's my thinking too. MCU went kaput because of third party RGB controllers. That's why I haven't RMA'd yet because I don't think the hassle of international shipping for a GPU to them and back to me is worth it when they could just send me like a firmware update or a way to flash it back to the way it was before. My inquiry is more of if there is any way to address this from my or is that something only the programmer can do?

Lutfij

Titan
My inquiry is more of if there is any way to address this from my or is that something only the programmer can do?
The card will be tampered with if you use any programmer which will negate your warranty. This is why I was implying that you got ahead with the RMA.