3Ball

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2006
Hey guys,

Im goin to order an X1900XTX 512mb card on sunday, but cannot decide which card to go with.

The HIS X1900XTX and Sapphire X1900XTX are the same price at newegg ($499) and both full retail, which is a must for me!

So, which one do yall think I should get...any reviews concerning this would be great...I have looked, but cannot find.

Sapphire ---> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814102672

HIS ---> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814161169

Thanks in advance for your help!

Best,

3Ball

3Ball

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2006
I also dont know n e thing about there warranty's if anyone can enlighten me about that area as well that would be great.

Thanks in advance!

Best,

3Ball

Last time I personally checked HIS was 1 year, but that was in the X800XL era, and I've heard they increased their warranties for the X1K cards (perhaps just the top ones, but that's what you're looking at anyways).

Like prozac says, contact them to be sure. Took HIS just under 2 days to reply to my question, but they were very helpful.

GeneticWeapon

Splendid
Jan 13, 2003
They are, and I can link to a Dave Orton interview that proclaims Sapphire as being such.

Sapphire is as tier one as tier one gets, and that equates to quality for the end-user.

It doesnt get much simpler then that, hence my perspective on the matter.

Aids

Distinguished
May 16, 2004
Hardocp had an article about Sapphire being ATI's biggest card producer so i would think that they would know a thing or 2 about making a decent card. However, if im not mistaken, HIS is Artic cooling am i right? So the better cooling would be there probably.

GeneticWeapon

Splendid
Jan 13, 2003
.....also, Sapphire products are covered for a full year through Newegg, instead of Newegg's normal 30 day return policy.

If you buy a Sapphire product through Newegg, and it borks out in a couple months or so(as in the case of my GTO) then you deal with Newegg directly, not Sapphire, which is the best/quickest solution for the consumer.

Just a perk I thought I'd mention.

GeneticWeapon

Splendid
Jan 13, 2003
Hardocp had an article about Sapphire being ATI's biggest card producer so i would think that they would know a thing or 2 about making a decent card. However, if im not mistaken, HIS is Artic cooling am i right? So the better cooling would be there probably.
Why is your screen name AIDS? 8O

Aids

Distinguished
May 16, 2004
Its an old gamertag of mine back when i used to play the original UT. Everyone was using the generic names such as "bob" or "poop" and it was funny at first seeing "you've been killed by poop" so i decided that i would mix it up a bit and then spawned Aids... so yes.

GeneticWeapon

Splendid
Jan 13, 2003
it was funny at first seeing "you've been killed by poop" so i decided that i would mix it up a bit and then spawned Aids... so yes.
I personally dont see the humor in it, and anyone who's had to take an aids test in fear(not knowing) of the outcome, probably wont find it funny either.

I'm guessing your age to be around 10 or 11, and dont mind the fact that I ignore your post's for now on.

Aids

Distinguished
May 16, 2004
Honestly, im 18 and im glad that your maturity level is much higher than mine so as you can ignore my posts. I guess when you were younger you never did anything that was considerd "wrong" by someone older than you.

Hardocp had an article about Sapphire being ATI's biggest card producer so i would think that they would know a thing or 2 about making a decent card.

Except they don't make ATi's X1800 and X1900 cards, that's Foxconn (maker of Tul/Powercolor) and Celestica. So in the end they're all one of those two makers' cards.

GW's got a good point about service from the distributor though, that's very handy.

However, if im not mistaken, HIS is Artic cooling am i right? So the better cooling would be there probably.

No it's not AC, but they do use AC products in their solutions.