Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX560 vs Gigabyte - Radeon RX 470

ellford

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2011
I'm putting together a PC for my daughter who likes to play games like World of Tanks, Minecraft, World of Warcraft, etc. I don't plan on o/c the machine, or the video card, but I'm looking to get her something that is decent for her needs.

Initially I was looking at the Gigabyte RX 470 4GB card, but I noticed today that Sapphire has put some RX560 4GB cards out on the market for cheap (yes, cheap doesn't mean good sometimes)...

She's going to be running the following:

MSI Bazooka M/B
8GB G.Skill Ripjaws
Intel i5-6400
Micro ATX Mini Tower Case

Both of these cards above will fit into the case, so sizing isn't an issue. But when I take a look at some of the GPU comparisons, the 470 seems to blow away the 560 on the charts.

Is she really going to lose frame rates much by going with the Sapphire card over the Gigabyte card, or are these Sapphire cards just poor quality and won't stand up for what she wants the computer for?

Thanks,

Solution
Sapphire is one of the best of the AMD cards. But if she games at 1080p and likes to use higher gfx settings in-game, go with the 470. The RX-560 is basically a re-branded RX-460 with a few minor tweaks.

Still... if cost is the deciding factor, the 560 is able to keep most games above 30 fps at 1080p if that is satisfactory. You probably have already done the comparison research, but here's an example (not necessarly the games she plays): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiBqHiA0AZA

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Sapphire is one of the best of the AMD cards. But if she games at 1080p and likes to use higher gfx settings in-game, go with the 470. The RX-560 is basically a re-branded RX-460 with a few minor tweaks.

Still... if cost is the deciding factor, the 560 is able to keep most games above 30 fps at 1080p if that is satisfactory. You probably have already done the comparison research, but here's an example (not necessarly the games she plays): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiBqHiA0AZA

Solution