Question SAPPHIRE PULSE RX 580 4GB BSOD WHEN INSTALLING DRIVER

Status
Not open for further replies.

drscob

Prominent
Jul 3, 2021
So my brother gave me his RX 580 with garbage display. I took it with the intention of just bringing it to a shop for reflow.
Before that, I wanted to see if garbage display is its only problem, so I connected it to my PC and tried to install a driver.
In GPU-Z, it only displays as Microsoft Basic Display Adapter and its driver date is July 2006.

When I attempted to install the latest driver, I got BSOD when I rebooted it, and it won't go thru the desktop without me going safe mode and deleting the driver.
I tried to install the oldest driver I can find, but I still experience BSOD when I reboot the pc.

Notes:
-I ran DDU first, and did clean installation of graphics driver for every attempt.
-I also tried flashing the gpu's bios.

What should I do? :(

Also, is there any way that the garbage display is the one causing it? Ergo, should I have it fixed first?
Please only give a sure answer on this, coz I don't want to waste money with a graphics card that won't install driver. :(

PC SPECS:
i5 6600
MSI 150M Bazooka
Corsair 2x8GB RAM
EVGA 500W 80+ Gold

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

How old is the PSU in your build? I hope you reflashed the GPU's VBIOS with the right BIOS version and you didn't brick it. Regardless of what you've stated you've done, I think the GPU is done for provided you used a reliably built PSU that can deliver at least 550W of power to the entire system, not with that EVGA PSU you've stated in your specs.

Please only give a sure answer on this, coz I don't want to waste money with a graphics card that won't install driver.
Troubleshooting will only take place with trial and error and until you've ruled out what the cause of the issue is. In your case, you also didn't state what your prior GPU was. You also might want to take the RX580 GPU over to a friend or neighbors house who owns a reliably built PSU with at least 650W of power for the entire build(after dropping in the RX580) to rule out your GPU being an expensive paperweight or if it just needed some cleaning.

if the card was used for mining and was then handed down to you, you're just wasting resources, since mined cards are beyond repair.

Reactions: Metal Messiah.

drscob

Prominent
Jul 3, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

How old is the PSU in your build? I hope you reflashed the GPU's VBIOS with the right BIOS version and you didn't brick it. Regardless of what you've stated you've done, I think the GPU is done for provided you used a reliably built PSU that can deliver at least 550W of power to the entire system, not with that EVGA PSU you've stated in your specs.

Please only give a sure answer on this, coz I don't want to waste money with a graphics card that won't install driver.
Troubleshooting will only take place with trial and error and until you've ruled out what the cause of the issue is. In your case, you also didn't state what your prior GPU was. You also might want to take the RX580 GPU over to a friend or neighbors house who owns a reliably built PSU with at least 650W of power for the entire build(after dropping in the RX580) to rule out your GPU being an expensive paperweight or if it just needed some cleaning.

if the card was used for mining and was then handed down to you, you're just wasting resources, since mined cards are beyond repair.

Hi! Thank you for your input.
I just chose to dispose the GPU, so can I request for this post's deletion?

Thank you very much!

Status
Not open for further replies.