Sapphire R9 280X 3GB GDDR5 OC DUAL-X vertical lines

Nawfal Kebbab

Reputable
Nov 3, 2014
When I play a game with ultra setting my pc is crashing random.
All I get after the crash are some vertical lines
but if i play with medium or high the PC dont crash

My current setup:

MSI H61P20G3
Intel i7-3770K
RAM 8GB 1333GHZ 4Go Kingston the second 4Go randomaly
PSU Aerocool Vp750
HDD Seagate 1To
Sapphire R9 280X 3GB GDDR5 OC DUAL-X
help me plz

Solution
sorry for such a late answer but i hope this helps you!

It's the card. I've got a 7970. The R9 280x is a rebrand of the 7970. This card has a faulty design, the VRAM can't cool properly and will cook. Because of this the card crashes. What you can do is downclock the core and memory clock. This will help to some extent. However in the long run it'll just crash again. (I'm at this point now). I will get a GTX 970. Don't get a new R9 280x there's a good chance you'll have the same problems all over. I've seen many topics regarding this and my advice is spend a little more cash and get a nvidia card.

zink1701

Honorable
Sep 14, 2012
It one of 2 things, either the GPU is faulty or more likely its a faulty power supply. When the settings are turned up the GPU will eat a lot more power, if the PSU cant deliver then the system will become unstable and crash.

niek1

Reputable
Dec 19, 2014
sorry for such a late answer but i hope this helps you!

It's the card. I've got a 7970. The R9 280x is a rebrand of the 7970. This card has a faulty design, the VRAM can't cool properly and will cook. Because of this the card crashes. What you can do is downclock the core and memory clock. This will help to some extent. However in the long run it'll just crash again. (I'm at this point now). I will get a GTX 970. Don't get a new R9 280x there's a good chance you'll have the same problems all over. I've seen many topics regarding this and my advice is spend a little more cash and get a nvidia card.

Solution